Are desktop PC's dying?

Queenz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're dying. I still prefer my desktop for running photoshop, games, etc, and i use my mobile or laptop for daily web browsing.

It doesn't make much sense to use my 600W system to browse light stuff when i can use my Mobile, or my 20W laptop. :)

Most of the people who love laptops can't build a system of their own, or find it more expensive, or they have a lower spec'd system. So they prefer to use their laptop. :D

That's what i think. As for the gamer's well each platform has their own fanatics, and always will. I mean a PC gamer would prefer playing a game on a 24" lcd rather than a 15-17" Laptop screen :D

I could... But that wouldn't be legal now would it..?

You know I have wondered about the legality of downloading old games. Downloading NEW games is probably illegal. But if the game is old enough that it isn't sold any more.... :dunno:

I mean the company isn't making money on it any more, then you aren't hurting any type of profit margin.

Plus, isn't there a copy right license that can expire? For instance in music you can have someone who wrote a song and have it copy written and then after a certain amount of time has passed, the copy write expire and other people can do their versions of the song and release it for sale.

Logically I would think that there is something that would make it legal to download older games that you can't buy in stores. But then again the human race is full of greedy, hard nose, useless, and stupid people that would probably make it illegal to download games no matter how old they are

You know I have wondered about the legality of downloading old games. Downloading NEW games is probably illegal. But if the game is old enough that it isn't sold any more.... :dunno:

I mean the company isn't making money on it any more, then you aren't hurting any type of profit margin.

Plus, isn't there a copy right license that can expire? For instance in music you can have someone who wrote a song and have it copy written and then after a certain amount of time has passed, the copy write expire and other people can do their versions of the song and release it for sale.

Logically I would think that there is something that would make it legal to download older games that you can't buy in stores. But then again the human race is full of greedy, hard nose, useless, and stupid people that would probably make it illegal to download games no matter how old they are

I don't think ":game sequels" would much fall into the category of older games when he's talking about the next generation of consoles. :lol:

I don't think ":game sequels" would much fall into the category of older games when he's talking about the next generation of consoles. :lol:

lol right! Was wondering how this topic got into ROMs when vandread mentioned he needed the upcoming consoles to play sequels not yet developed :lol:

Back on topic though, quite a few of my co-workers actually brought up this very topic (OP) on their own. I just listened to what they had to say. They all believe laptops will begin to phase out as some don't even care about their laptops anymore and just use the tablets. One guy thinks that desktops will go away.

I partially agree with them. I do think laptops will fade into obscurity as most of the market moves to tablets. Still think there are too many demanding apps (business apps and games) that flat out need the power a desktop provides. So who ever brought up the article that states the market will probably shift to Tablets + Desktops, I would lean toward that route. I still think laptops will have a presence for awhile as many will prefer the keyboard when typing documents.

I still think laptops will have a presence for awhile as many will prefer the keyboard when typing documents.

That's probably my biggest beef with laptops, I hate the compact keyboards. Don't care for touchpads either, so I have a wireless mouse and keyboard for my laptop, I mostly use mine as a HTPC though so it's pretty practical to have wireless devices for it.

That's probably my biggest beef with laptops, I hate the compact keyboards. Don't care for touchpads either, so I have a wireless mouse and keyboard for my laptop, I mostly use mine as a HTPC though so it's pretty practical to have wireless devices for it.

Same! I hate laptop keyboards and flat out refuse to use the touchpad unless absolutely needed. I have the touchpad disabled on mine.

My laptop isn't a HTPC though I kinda use mine like it is so at the moment the HDD space on it makes it much better than a tablet.