• XFX HD 6950 2Gb
    • MSI HD 7850 2Gb
    • EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    • EVGA GTX 470 1Gb
    • EVGA GTX 480 1Gb
    • EVGA GTX 550 1Gb
    • EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1Gb
    • OTHER

Of the ones listed in the poll, I would go with the HD7850. Latest generation card that saves power and is very quiet.

The HD7850 also has the 2Gb memory advantage for in the future and offers great performance in games and even greater performance if you decide to overclock it (pretty easy to get a decent overclock on the HD7850)

The biggest problem here is the question itself...there's no such thing as the "best" card.

There is such a thing as the best card for gaming, or the best card for folding...etc. It's all based on context. You can't just ask what the "best" card is. :whistling:

The biggest problem here is the question itself...there's no such thing as the "best" card.

There is such a thing as the best card for gaming, or the best card for folding...etc. It's all based on context. You can't just ask what the "best" card is. :whistling:

Well not many people buy a card based on its folding ability :lol:

Gaming performance, quietness, cooling and power consumption usually determines the "best" card

My mother board only has one PCIe x16 slot so SLI and Crossfire is out of the equation unfortunately, the next thing I'm going to upgrade after the graphics card is the mother board, so that's basically a new pc when you do that, apart for graphics and a couple of others things, that's why I'm doing the graphics now and saving up for the other components, also my current card is broken now, only allowing about 5 min of gaming before it hits the 120 C and shuts down the pc. The card I got now is a 4850 sapphire and it's done a number of year, can't remember how many but i got it for call of duty 4 the first modern warfare. It's played most of the big titles for then until now p, battlefield 3, crisis, mw3 ect.

I can get a 6950 for £150 delivered and a 7850 for £180 delivered both are XFX and both are DD edition and 2Gb

Which is better for money out of the two and does anyone own either of them ?

My mother board only has one PCIe x16 slot so SLI and Crossfire is out of the equation unfortunately, the next thing I'm going to upgrade after the graphics card is the mother board, so that's basically a new pc when you do that, apart for graphics and a couple of others things, that's why I'm doing the graphics now and saving up for the other components, also my current card is broken now, only allowing about 5 min of gaming before it hits the 120 C and shuts down the pc. The card I got now is a 4850 sapphire and it's done a number of year, can't remember how many but i got it for call of duty 4 the first modern warfare. It's played most of the big titles for then until now p, battlefield 3, crisis, mw3 ect.

I can get a 6950 for £150 delivered and a 7850 for £180 delivered both are XFX and both are DD edition and 2Gb

Which is better for money out of the two and does anyone own either of them ?

Then it isn't even a contest, 7850 FTW

Okay so if it is to be the 7850 which manufacture ?

XFX DD 2Gb for £180

ASUS 2Gb Twin fan DirectCU II £200

MSI 2Gb Twin Frozr III £185

GIGABYTE 2Gb £190

Edited by R5DDX