SSD drive

towhog66

No, but it's silly to have seven pages of debate over what SSD to buy. The topic has been fully covered in every aspect with multiple excellent recommendations from everyone who has taken the time to post in this thread. Specifications, performance, opinion, price and even shopping links have been generously provided.

No, but it's silly to have seven pages of debate over what SSD to buy. The topic has been fully covered in every aspect with multiple excellent recommendations from everyone who has taken the time to post in this thread. Specifications, performance, opinion, price and even shopping links have been generously provided.

wow man! Relax.. its done! Ok? just wait till i start looking for a new Mobo CPU and Ram ( sry i like to be on top of things ) i came in here not known jack about SSDs.... but now i know!

Thanks to every one who was willing to help!

Edited by towhog66

wow man! Relax.. its done! Ok? just wait till i start looking for a new Mobo CPU and Ram ( sry i like to be on top of things ) i came in here not known jack about SSDs.... but now i know!

Thanks to every one who was willing to help!

Haha anytime m8(I didn't really provide much info but meh)

gj OCC =P

We look forward to helping with your selection of motherboard, cpu and ram. Congrats on the new SSD. In the end, which one did you end up buying?

I got the Samsung 830 128gbs for $84.99... something like 0.66 cents a gig :cheers:... now their back up to $143 and more on newegg a day letter :dunno: i got it just in time with a promo... ( i hope its a good drive )

IS IT A GOOD BUY??????????

Edited by towhog66

How many people have to tell you yes before you believe it? :lol:

A million people. There are somethings that certain people are really apprehensive about. For instance, all I am waiting on now for my water cooling loop is just a couple extra screws and compression fittings and I am STILL unsure about what I bought.

There is a time where you just have to be happy with what you bought, but I think the OP is putting faith in our (mostly your and wev's because apparently no one cares about 3-4 seconds on loading time :rtfm::slap: ) knowledge and for some people that is very difficult to do. I personally don't mind reassuring him about his purchase :mellow:

And if you still don't like how long this topic has gone on for, then go to some other topic :dunno: . Or better yet, go do a real world benchmark so you can prove to me just how similar all SSDs really are ;) .

I'm pretty sure i'll be happy enough with my $179 256GB Crucial M4. And i'm also pretty sure i'm not going to notice a huge real world difference over my current $500 Intel 160GB X-25M G2 thats still blazing fast after 3+ years. When you start nit picking 3-4 seconds...how much is that really worth to you?

A million people. There are somethings that certain people are really apprehensive about. For instance, all I am waiting on now for my water cooling loop is just a couple extra screws and compression fittings and I am STILL unsure about what I bought.

There is a time where you just have to be happy with what you bought, but I think the OP is putting faith in our (mostly your and wev's because apparently no one cares about 3-4 seconds on loading time :rtfm::slap: ) knowledge and for some people that is very difficult to do. I personally don't mind reassuring him about his purchase :mellow:

And if you still don't like how long this topic has gone on for, then go to some other topic :dunno: . Or better yet, go do a real world benchmark so you can prove to me just how similar all SSDs really are ;) .

I was just kidding man. :lol: