HW Monitor not displaying CPU temp

Hi, I'm curious as to why CPUID HW Monitor is no longer displaying the temps for my CPU, the AMD Phenom II X4 955. It just stopped doing so the other day after I field stripped- I mean cleaned my PC, I have also done a BIOS update but I dont think this had nothing to do with it since the BIOS update was after the temps stopped displaying. Core Temp also does not want to show me the temps.

I think it's a well known issue with some Phenom chips, especially those chips that can be unlocked. If I unlock my Phenom chip, nothing can be used to read the temps (even AMD Overdrive). The only tool I can use was Everest which only shows the temp of the package..

I think it's a well known issue with some Phenom chips, especially those chips that can be unlocked. If I unlock my Phenom chip, nothing can be used to read the temps (even AMD Overdrive). The only tool I can use was Everest which only shows the temp of the package..

I agree, my unlocked chip dose the same thing but the op's is a regular quad 955 so it should not have a temp reading problem as it is not unlocked.Maybe the temp sensor on the cpu is screwed up some how.

edit- you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your temp monitor programs, that might fix the issue.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

I agree, my unlocked chip dose the same thing but the op's is a regular quad 955 so it should not have a temp reading problem as it is not unlocked.Maybe the temp sensor on the cpu is screwed up some how.

edit- you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your temp monitor programs, that might fix the issue.

I will give it a shot

It's weird, yes, but I've seen other chips that does that even if it's a regular quad core chip. It's rare but it seems that it does happen. My guess would be that some manufacturing defect or similar made the chip think it was unlocked and so no temps weres displayed..