Ocin 9600 Np

Cyberbeer

What program would you reccomend to overclock my 9600. I tried rad linker and set the speeds to 378/225 but as soon as I close the properties menu the speeds reset to normal. Any suggestions?

I'll have to try rage. As I stated in my first post rad does not seem to want to cooperate with me :(.

Edit: I have it installed and adjusted the speeds but the sliders are not staying where I put them after applying. I used 3DMark to test and got the same score as before. When I clicked details it said my clock speeds were the same as before. Any ideas? Its acting like the freq. are locked. I dunno if this will help but I am running DX9b and Catalyst 4.2

Edited by Cyberbeer

Most of the 9600NPs have a locked BIOS, which keeps you from being able to OC your card. There are a number of things you can do:

1. Try using any Omega series modded drivers.

2. Drop down to the cat 3.4s and try to OC

3. Get someone to mod your BIOS

I worked with a fellow OCC member on this problem, and I can mod your BIOS to automatically OC, but I can't guarantee your card can handle it.

Why would it not be able to handle it? If I used 3.4 cat it would OC, so whats the diff.? I read that on another forum and tried that solution but I did not like it.

What are the chances an Omega driver would work? And I hate to ask cause I'm sure you will say this: :google: but where can I find the appropriate Omeg driver?

Edited by Cyberbeer

Why would it not be able to handle it?  If I used 3.4 cat it would OC, so whats the diff.?  I read that on another forum and tried that solution but I did not like it.

What are the chances an Omega driver would work?  And I hate to ask cause I'm sure you will say this: :google: but where can I find the appropriate Omeg driver?

Not all 9600NP can handle OCs due to the memory used. Anything over stock, and it will lock up.

It may not OC with the cat 3.4 or Omega Drivers, nothing is a guarantee on those cards. If you in fact have a locked BIOS, only a modded or unlocked BIOS will work. You can try, and with some luck it may work.

Omega Drivers