How loud do you listen to your music?

Onion

37 members have voted

1. 1. How loud do you listen to your music?

• As loud as it goes
    • Loud enough to get that good feeling
    • At a safe comfortable level where I can still hear my surroundings
    • Quiet

These polls are interesting, so I guess I'll post a couple every now and then.

In the car when I'm cruising around real slow, it's about as loud as it goes with the Mach 460 system in the Mustang (pretty damn loud), or loud enough to get that great feeling. With earbuds, a safe comfortable level where I can still hear what's going on. When I'm driving a bit faster it's down really low so I can hear what's going on around me.

So yeah, mostly "loud as it goes".

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be just me being weird, but it's that feeling you get when it's at the edge of being too loud. Kind of the "sweet spot". I don't know... :pfp:

Depends on if it is my car or my headphones, I can max out in my car which is around 117DB, at least for now.

My headphones though can reach out touch 140DB for short periods so maxing them really is not the best idea, though spikes to 130+ for certain songs and beats is nice.

Edited by spectrascope

Depends on if it is my car or my headphones, I can max out in my car which is around 117DB, at least for now.

My headphones though can reach out touch 140DB for short periods so maxing them really is not the best idea, though spike to 130+ for certain songs and beats is nice.

What do you have in your car?

And what headphones?

What do you have in your car?

And what headphones?

Kenwood head unit 50x4 rms to infinity kappa perfect 5" doors 6x9"s in the rear, soon to go extreme have a 700wx4 rms for the doors and 2000wx1 rms for the subs that will be in soon 3x obsidian 15"s 8 farad cap and upgraded alt. Unforunately the car is only sitting on 4x50 400 max unit right now but is decent for the wattage.

The headphone Denon HP1000's driven by my 500w rms @ 8 0hm head unit or effective wattage for head phones @ 600ohms is 6.67watts rms or just beyond the max power the head phones handle, considering most headphone can only take an 1/8th a watt that should give some perspective.

In other words I like my music loud listen at about 125 right now on the denons.

The goal with car setup is 125-30 all day long capability with 160 burps.

Edited by spectrascope

Kenwood head unit 50x4 rms to infinity kappa perfect 5" doors 6x9"s in the rear, soon to go extreme have a 700wx4 rms for the doors and 2000wx1 rms for the subs that will be in soon 3x obsidian 15"s 8 farad cap and upgraded alt. Unforunately the car is only sitting on 4x50 400 max unit right now but is decent for the wattage.

The headphone Denon HP1000's driven by my 500w rms @ 8 0hm head unit or effective wattage for head phones @ 600ohms is 6.67watts rms or just beyond the max power the head phones handle, considering most headphone can only take an 1/8th a watt that should give some perspective.

In other words I like my music loud listen at about 125 right now on the denons.

The goal with car setup is 125-30 all day long capability with 160 burps.

I'm jelly of everything except that Kenwood head because I already have one. :lol:

I mostly listen to music at 85-90% volume while I'm walking and in bus(earphones), but if I'm in the mood I turn it up to 100%. At home I listen to it pretty quiet(20-25% 2.0 system).

I keep the music players on my PC at full volume, but Windows volume I keep at 26%. More than loud enough for my needs.

When I'm in the car, it depends on whether I'm listening to radio or CDs. Radio is typically at 22-24% volume while CDs are (depending on the type of music) 20-32%. Of course, those are the volumes at highway speeds. In town I keep it around 16% and in parking lots at about 10%. I use to keep everything at 35% on the highways, but over the last couple years I've turned it down some.

I prefer quality over loudness. I have Sony MDR 700, i know not the best headphones out there but they do provide some pretty good sound.

My car has the speakers it came with from the dealership, so the sound quality is so-so and i prefer not to crank it up all the way (bass becomes so distorted that it's impossible to listen).

When i dont play and i dont want to walk around with headphones on (those MDR700 are quite heavy, too :P) i just run the music through the set of Logitech Z5500 through X-fi titanium. I've only cranked them up all the way a couple of times, and just to test. Thought my windows gonna blow up :D