ASRock P55 Extreme Mobo Cooler that will fit?

I started another forum, about to get a GTX 670, More Memory, and A cooler to Overclock my I5-760!

Was deciding between the Corsair H100 "But no 120mm Fan port on back on Case" and the NH-D14 until a Forum member suggested the Phantek Cooler, got all excited, nice size fans, looked great and about to order, BUT it isnt compatible with my Motherboard!

The NH-D14 site says its kind of compatible with this comment

"In vertical orientation the first PCI-E slot is blocked by the heatsink.

Installation in horizontal position is possible but the NF-P12 fan has

to be moved on the other side of the heatsink."

I have the ASRock P55 Extreme, any suggestions!

Im not sure exactly, its a midsize decent tower my landlord just gave me a couple days ago, you should of seen the POS it was in b4 that!

the NZXT Havik-140 has one less Heatsink and should fit, im hoping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146011

Think that will fit in this MOBO

P55%20Extreme%28m%29.jpg

Edited by thebellbell

yeah, what TJ said. I afraid that is the most important part. OR you could measure yourself. put the board in and measure from the Processor to the top of a sidepanel..

Inside

0621122035a.jpg

Outside

0621122035.jpg

Front "Under the DVD Burner i removed the extra slots and put a 140mm fan and a tight fit piece of cardboard to close it up, actually dropped the temps inside by a couple degrees"

0621122034.jpg

The reason its such a mess in there is I got a 850Watt Power supply incase I ever wanted to do SLI. So if getting a better case would make it so i could get a better cooler that would work on this 1156 and the 1155 i will upgrade too soon, NewEgg link suggestions please!

Edited by thebellbell

Get a new case before you get a new cooler. That thing is holding you back Alot. And Im sure it runs hotter then heck.

+1 definitely get a new case..the airflow on that most be horrendous!

Edited by Il_napoletano

+1 you'd definitely need a new case.

As for the D14 fitting on your board, here's an illustration:

Horizontal Config.

2pt5kc3.jpg

As you can see, the Second Tower of the D14 would obstruct the RAM slot. If you mount the NF-P12 fan on that side, it would obstruct at least 3 slots of RAM. That's why they recommend you to mount it on the other side (near the I/O panel). You could probably make do by installing Low profile RAMs.

Vertical Config.

6gbxi1.jpg

As you can see, the tower would block the first PCI-E slot. If I'm not mistaken, this is a common problem on early P55 boards. But you can still use the second PCI-E Slot since it should also be a x16 lane. It was meant for CFX and SLI after all.. CMIIW

:cheers: