i7 3770K

WOW it is indeed pure crap as new iterations for Intel.

Yeah, you are right.

Those who have 2600K/2700K have no reason to 'upgrade' to 3770K.

And, I, won't say it a upgrade. Overclocking capability wise, it is downgrade.

I already OWN that RAM Trapt LOL read my Sig please.

Edit : Also my G.Skill 2133Mhz RAM cost me like 55$ so it is FAR from expensive LOL

That is a good deal but at 2133 there is nothing more then diminishing returns, extra Imc voltage, and more heat to deal with for a slight gain in performance.

One other thing erosinnan Please remember that those of us on the mobile forums cannot see your signature. Please be respectful of this.

Regards,

Boinker OCC mod staff.

i'm confused. in the high end cpu benchmark rankings the 3770k is way ahead of the 2600k and 2700k. but it doesnt overclock as well or it does but it gets way hotter? can somebody explain? i'm gonna ditch my amd fx for intel but i'm confused on which way to go. 3820, 2700k or 3770k.

Edited by rieds

i'm confused. in the high end cpu benchmark rankings the 3770k is way ahead of the 2600k and 2700k. but it doesnt overclock as well or it does but it gets way hotter? can somebody explain? i'm gonna ditch my amd fx for intel but i'm confused on which way to go. 3820, 2700k or 3770k.

The 3820 is probably not the best way to go. You have to buy an expensive board to go with it, and unless you decide to run triple SLI, it becomes a huge waste.

The i7 2700K is a waste. All it is is a 2600K with a slight clock boost. Since you can overclock the 2600K to the same speed as a 2700K both CPUs will yield the same performance.

The i7 3770K will have about a 10 percent gain clock for clock over the 2600K. So for argument sake a i7 3770K at 4.6 Ghz will be as good as a 2600K at 4.8 Ghz . On top of that, you could actually push the i7 3770K to 4.8 ghz with the right cooling which would yield about the same performance of an i7 2600K at 5ghz.

Realistically the 2600K paired with a z77 board would be the smartest thing to buy, but if you want speed and can not afford a 3930K, then the 3770K would be your best bet. In the end it really depends on what you want out of your computer.

I already OWN that RAM Trapt LOL read my Sig please.

Edit : Also my G.Skill 2133Mhz RAM cost me like 55$ so it is FAR from expensive LOL

I meant what was the reasoning for buying 2133mhz RAM?

• 2 weeks later...