i7 2600K

Can someone find me a link where I can compare Benchmarks of an i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz VS 4.6Ghz as I want to know the loss to loosen the overclock a bit.

I searched on internet but I am at work right now and some of the sites that looked promising are blocked by the proxy (I can maneuver around it but if I get caught I'm fired).

Please help me a bit.

Thank you guys

Why not just set your 2600K to 4.6GHz when you get home, run some benchmarks, and compare? Really, it would be the only way to find the true difference, unless you found a site with your exact system specs that ran the CPU at both speeds. Plus by doing it this way, you still have a job ;)

Real world difference will be negligible in real usage. For benchmarks you will add some points but for a real use stable setup just save or jot down the profile settings you need for whatever your max clock speed is and then set it back to a lower more safe 24/7 stable oc. For that chip 4.40-4.60 is fairly easy to obtaine.

4.8Ghz was perfectly stable it's just that at 1.42VCore (yeah that's high, that cpu is a classy lady) I was just not feeling it so I backed it down at 4.6Ghz with 1.35VCore and I might even try to get lower than that. Otherwise the benchmark performances haven't lowered by great margins but only by a little notch so it doesn't mather.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I'd like to know if it's normal in my Computer properties window :

Processor : Intel ( R) Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz

My cpu is at 5.00 GHz actually but windows keeps showing it @ 3.40 GHz.

CPU-Z and all the other softwares show 5GHz.

It's a fresh Install of Windows 7

With my 1366 System I had before this (Asus P6X58D-E + i7 920 OC @ 4.2GHz) it was showing the 4.2GHz overclock El-Capitan.

That's exactly why I am trying to figure out why it doesn't show up actually.