Nividia 670

Over at overclock.net someone got a hold of a GTX 670 OC and found the 3Dmark 11 score GPU score is actually 400pts HIGHER than a stock GTX 680 (even thought it still doesn't have clocks as fast as the 680 & 1 shader unit disabled).

There are 40+ pages of people speculating how it could be faster. It seems it was faster even in Unigine Heaven as well.

Enjoy: http://www.overclock.net/t/1253432/gigabyte-gtx-670-oc-version-hands-on

Edited by 90sgamer

Over at overclock.net someone got a hold of a GTX 670 OC and found the 3Dmark 11 score GPU score is actually 400pts HIGHER than a stock GTX 680 (even thought it still doesn't have clocks as fast as the 680 & 1 shader unit disabled).

There are 40+ pages of people speculating how it could be faster. It seems it was faster even in Unigine Heaven as well.

Enjoy: http://www.overclock.net/t/1253432/gigabyte-gtx-670-oc-version-hands-on

Umm, even an overclocked GTX 570 will be faster than a stock GTX 580. Overclocked vs overclocked, the GTX 680 will be faster.

Umm, even an overclocked GTX 570 will be faster than a stock GTX 580. Overclocked vs overclocked, the GTX 680 will be faster.

Well, the thing is this guys GTX 670 OC is factory clocked at 980/1056 Boost with 1344 CUDA cores and the GTX 680 stock has 1006/1058 Boost and 1536 CUDA cores.

However, his card is beating other forum members' GTX 680's at stock out there. Thats the mystery.

Edited by 90sgamer

Well, the thing is this guys GTX 670 OC is factory clocked at 980/1056 Boost with 1344 CUDA cores and the GTX 680 stock has 1006/1058 Boost and 1536 CUDA cores.

However, his card is beating other forum members' GTX 680's at stock out there. Thats the mystery.

That is quite perplexing.

The bottom line is that they chose to break a hard NDA that was in place from NVIDIA to the board partner they got the card from. Lets take this a little further down the slippery slope with your leave ethics at the door comment. So you decide that in the interest of furthering your enterprise it is alright to kill someone because it will make you more money it must be ok by your rationale since its a dog eat dog world. Agreed that the example is a bit far fetched but you have to decide which line to cross before it gets real, once you cross that line there is no going back. Does NVIDIA care? I don't know, not my company. I would hope they do and take action on it. If not it will continue to happen. So lets have a look at the GTX 990 today and see what it has to offer.

Ethics may not be high on your list but it is on mine. Not sure which generation you are a part of but when I grew up you were taught the difference between right and wrong. You say its hardly the big moral dilemma but where does that slippery slope lead you? The old saying goes give them an inch and they will take a mile................

Think what you will but at the end of the day they were wrong.....Unless it was sanctioned and approved...something we will never know.

I am not saying I would do as they did. The parallels you are drawing here are off the chart. I think the line is clear. Its where the law sits. I do not know enough about NDA's, but by the sound of it it is not illegal for them to post it. I dare say ANY company would go all the way to the line (the law) and maybe even further into the grey to get ahead and make money.

Your parallel with killing someone is a bit far. However, I am sure people have died in a companies ruthless pursuit of profit before. Such as the people in China who died on an iPad production line. Now surely that is the peak of unethical? To drive cost down to the point people are killed? Yet I do not see people stop buying Apple goods. My point being, when large companies are unethical people are prepared to sweep it under the carpet most of the time. Hence why I am glad to see Tweak Town stick it to them. In the end this is gonna come back and bite them.

I am going to brief u guys on exactly how an NDA works for those of you that you think you know what you are talking about by reading that site.

You do not have to sign an NDA to be under one. The product is under NDA and so are the sites that have one. Publishing the review with or without signing an NDA you are breaking the NDA period.

Being that they are in Taiwan that makes it hard to go after them, if they were in the US they would have been bankrupt already from being sued. This is why you see 98% of North American sites play by the rules.

The site has a bad history of breaking NDA's and doing what they are doing is not going to help their case its only going to make it worse for the site. What happening now is companies and other sites are slowly turning their backs on them. Having no affiliate traffic will hurt your site over time. You don't screw the hands that feed you plain and simple, its all about the money for them its not about the industry and as time goes on its only going to get worse for them. Take away the top 5 affiliate traffic there goes 20% of your traffic that hurts big time. Other companies get scared to see what they are doing hence why they are not getting launch items until after the NDA is over, its just a real bad business move.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just have one question, How would this hold up in court, if you where not aware of the NDA? For example you where sent the part under NDA by mistake, and posted it online?

I am not sure the car industry has NDA's but if they did, what if you spotted there new model and took a picture and posted it online? You would not have been aware it was under an NDA.

Basically, are you still bound by the NDA even if you are completely unaware one exists? ( I know this is not the case in this instance)

Thanks for clearing that up. Just have one question, How would this hold up in court, if you where not aware of the NDA? For example you where sent the part under NDA by mistake, and posted it online?

I am not sure the car industry has NDA's but if they did, what if you spotted there new model and took a picture and posted it online? You would not have been aware it was under an NDA.

Basically, are you still bound by the NDA even if you are completely unaware one exists? ( I know this is not the case in this instance)

If you didn't know there was one it would be hard to prove, but they know hence the emails that come from them asking for samples to Nvidia so they would shoot themselves in the foot.

As I said they have a history of doing it so they have no trust from anyone.

Mistakes happen, if you got a product and were not told about an NDA thats not so bad, its happened here a few times over the years its not a big deal, but breaking NDA's to try and force a companies hand is different.

Well now everyone knows what it will do. Move on to the next round of speculation and rumors

There is a never ending supply of speculation on future cards, even ones that haven't been announced in any official capacity. It's all just rumor and attention whoring until an actual product is launched/reviewed.