Intel/Nvidia Desktop and AMD laptop?

Just looking over the specs of everything and i think I might pick up a "Trinity" laptop sometime after they release. I have a netbook but the performance is so-so, and I wouldn't mind a bigger screen. Has an Intel Atom dual core and crappy GMA graphics.

Of course this would be with my gaming desktop (see Sig) so only for minor gaming on the go and general computer stuff like web browsing, movies, music, etc.

What do you guys think? Will there be sub $500 Trinity laptops? What would you do?

I wouldn't expect a $1k laptop to be a "gaming laptop" let alone sub $500. Not saying you can't game on either, but good luck buying a $1k laptop that can run current games likes BF3 at settings a gamer would appreciate.

I wouldn't expect a $1k laptop to be a "gaming laptop" let alone sub $500. Not saying you can't game on either, but good luck buying a $1k laptop that can run current games likes BF3 at settings a gamer would appreciate.

Umm what? That was never my intention and I never said anything about $1000. I just want something that can play older games, like Half-Life, Diablo 2, Etc, and even some newer low power games like Torchlight. The big games are for my desktop lol.

It sounds like a decent plan to me. Trinity are supposed to end up in a hand full of ultrathins that will directly compete with intel's "Ultrabooks" they will have similar performance, with far superior graphics and be several hundred dollars cheaper. AMD Ultrathin's are expected to be about $200-$300 cheaper than intel's, and the regular notebooks with trinity are expected to start at less than $500.

Early reports from Trinity is overall 50% increase over current Llano based notebooks. It's combined increase based on cpu and gpu performance increases. There is no word as to how much each part as increase, but expections lead to more graphics increase than cpu increase.

IMO a $500-$600 "Ultrathin" that can do all basic tasks like a boss, and even play some video games. Obviously not BF3 at ultra, or probably even BF3 at all, but still basic especially older games on the go. Toss your own purchased SSD in for kicks it will save a lot, so long as you can get similar cpu configurations on the lesser models.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/AMD-Q1-2012-Earnings-Analysis-Looking-Back-and-Looking-Forward

for sure man. I have a llano laptop now and love it I've read that there'll be some 500-600 dollar trinity ones but I don't know what sort of power you can expect from them. I'm sure if its for basic computing you'll be flying

Umm what? That was never my intention and I never said anything about $1000. I just want something that can play older games, like Half-Life, Diablo 2, Etc, and even some newer low power games like Torchlight. The big games are for my desktop lol.

I'm sorry, you did say minor gaming. I'm trying to keep from nodding off so I'm sure I skimmed your post even though I thought I read it. :doh:

I just did some research on the Llano and I'm sure that would even suffice for what I want to do. Then just give my netbook to the wife and sell her less powerful one, and everyone is happy. Won't be for a while though I want to upgrade my 570 first.

Actually my 400.00 HP DV6 (AMD A6 APU) isn't that bad of a gamer.... it plays everything I;ve thrown at it easy on medium settings...best of all it runs very cool doing so.... the Trinity are supposed to be better yet and if they are anything like the A6 I have well its going to be great