My rant.

Guest Black gold saw.

Stoner, interesting that you seem so anti-American, especially in light of the fact that over 1/2 million of your own veterans served alongside US and other Allied troops in the second world war. And, that after the second world war your own leaders (in policies that continue to this day) shifted their foreign policy focus to align with that of the US on many key world issues.

In fact, Australia and the US have been key allies dating back to the first world war. And if you studied history you would know that during WWII Winston Churchill called up so many of your troops to help fight Britain's front in the Middle East, that it left your country almost defenseless to stop the steady advance of the Japanese into Southeast Asia, directly threatening your nation's existence. Your prime minister at the time (John Curtain) reached out to the United States and asked for help, which we gladly provided, to the tune of almost one million US troops that were either stationed or passed through your beautiful country during the second world war.

After the war, Japan claimed that they never intended to actually invade and occupy Australia, but that their main focus was to isolate your country from Britain and more importantly the US. That may be slightly revisionist because with the arrival of US troops and resources (air power, naval power etc.) Japan decided there wasn't any way that they could win on a war on Australia's mainland.

I'm not taking anything away from your country's efforts and sacrifices during the first or second world wars. Australia was a key reason the war was won in the South Pacific, and without Australia's assistance Britain would have surely lost the war in the Middle East. It just strikes me that you seem so anti-American when clearly our two countries have come to one another's aid and defense in times of crisis.

Nah I hate my government too :) not anti-american if I was I doubt I would pick a north American forum when there are Australian ones :lol:

However of all the people the British where the worst, no offence to people from the UK my dad was born there and if you all must know his grandad my greatgrandad was a pilot for the us.

While my other greatgrandad was a pow in Italy (very respectable country Italy treated the pow well have two of many tapestries made by my greatgrandad on my wall, made with pillow cases and the threads of the uniforms of guards and pow alike).

Either way back to the brits (who called on us as you mentioned) they where in charge of the coordination of several efforts that resulted in many deaths due to things like arriving in the wrong location.

Also bring things up some more it's Anzac day on Wednesday, a time to stop and remember what has been done for us. Not national pride bs, but time to remember and be thankful for those that went to war, those that lost their lives so that we might live better ones.

I know the history but hate all this national pride bs, cool you love your country I love mine but neither one is hardly the greatest thing on earth and when people come across all high and mighty and cocky because their county is so great I get rather ticked off. I ain't saying your like that but in terms of the way things come across to me America and Americans have always seemingly come across as overly up them selves in terms of their might, power and justice.

Meh that's the way I feel :shrug:

I think all of us are guilty of generalizing at one point or another. In America, just like every other country of the world, we have the good and the bad. And in fact, if you traveled from the east coast to the west coast, from the northern border to the southern border, you would find good, bad, mediocre and even huge changes in culture, civility, perception and national pride. I'm sure it's the same in Australia. If I can say one good thing about both our countries, at least we have the personal freedom to choose to live there or not. We can come and go pretty much as we please and even if that's the only good thing I can find, that freedom is priceless.

And for that I'm forever grateful for the men and women who gave their lives to protect that freedom.

i have to say being a mix of english, italian, and jamaican...

I HATE the english government...right now with all the human rights..with terrorists, rapist, pedos, muderers etc....not getting deported or sent to prison....because it breaches their human rights...

WE NEED A LAW!!! WHEN YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU LOSE YOUR HUMAN RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and don't let me get into squatters or trespassers...the police won't do anything bcause it's a CIVIL problem...you can't force them out because..that again breeches their human rights and then they will get you done for assalt..

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!

i might even move to Florida..you can use DEADLY force if you feel threatened :D

but will probably stay in Italy because everyone works as one, so if some is squatting in your house..you don't call the police and waste their resources...you call your neighbour...he will kindly ask the squatter to leave your house...with the gentle use of a baseball bat :lol:

not that anyone will think of doing anything like that here...apart from the gipsys

Edited by Il_napoletano

I thought australia was alone in the squatter problem.

It's absolutes bs because you could be renting your house to them one minute then the next they aren't paying a cent. Nothing you can do to evict them either because of some stupid old useless laws.

This means you get to watch them trash and he your hour however they see fit and the moment you take things into your own hands your the bad guy.

I thought australia was alone in the squatter problem.

It's absolutes bs because you could be renting your house to them one minute then the next they aren't paying a cent. Nothing you can do to evict them either because of some stupid old useless laws.

This means you get to watch them trash and he your hour however they see fit and the moment you take things into your own hands your the bad guy.

LOL, come to the states, run them off with your (pick weapon) and if they don't go.... well society won't miss a few squatters.