OC triggers antivirus?

It's probably not the overclock, you probably have a virus that's being triggered by rebooting the system.

Absolutely not, the problem can only be replicated by clocking, once the clock is returned to the default setting all is well again, clock it at all it returns, default its fine, plus I've ensured this thing is clean as I am very protective of all my data. AMD Athlon x2 7750, windows 7 ultimate.

have you considered that the overclock is unstable or the Anti virus system just has issues with an overclocked system. I have owned an Abit KN9-SLI with an Athlon 64 X2 6400 and AData memory as my first rig. The issue I would run into when my AV system would malfunction was my tell tale that the overclock was unstable. Did a stability test and low and behold It was unstable.

Run a stability test for 4-6 hours and see what happens.

Prime95

OCCT

Either a virus problem as already told by Locutus, or a problem with anti-virus itself. Overclocking is not related to triggering antivirus in anyway. One is related to hardware an virus is software.

have you considered that the overclock is unstable or the Anti virus system just has issues with an overclocked system. I have owned an Abit KN9-SLI with an Athlon 64 X2 6400 and AData memory as my first rig. The issue I would run into when my AV system would malfunction was my tell tale that the overclock was unstable. Did a stability test and low and behold It was unstable.

Run a stability test for 4-6 hours and see what happens.

Prime95

OCCT

+1

An ustalbe system could be corrupting data causing the anti-virus software to trigger...

Overclocking is not related to triggering antivirus in anyway. One is related to hardware an virus is software.

This is incorrect. An unstable OC can easily trigger all sorts of wackiness in software, especially antivirus software.

i think boinker is correct, thanks for all the help guys, I will remove avg and run a full spread on it to see what happens but since most of my data os on sata thats a really scary prospect ill probably just wait till my next build.

This is incorrect. An unstable OC can easily trigger all sorts of wackiness in software, especially antivirus software.

Ah waco. Did you contradict yourself??

Yeah, I gathered that when I was like ten. The reason I don't simply do the easy thing and get a new antivirus or just write it off is because in all my experience i've seen alot but that has never happened before. It is the single most off character weird thing I have personally witnessed clocking and the net doesn't have much info on it from what I could find so I was hoping someone hardcore could enlighten me with an idea of not only why but how it can be reproduced in other situations or how it can be quantified and measured. I cant even pin it down to the sata corruption that can occur on older boards because my OS drive is ide and I have tested it with the sata's not present. It's just one of those issues so strange and unique i can't help but be curious.

Waco said it though: An unstable OC can cause software issues. That's why it's considered unstable: Improper calculations.

If the antivirus runs a scans and something doesn't "match" to whatever it's configured to detect: then odds are it may just be an improper calculation came up as a virus.

Didn't know that and never faced such problem till date.

P.S. I can see a negative vote against your post. :P