Crysis 3

DanTheGamer11

Beta is out!

lol origin, if the released crysis NEEDS origin, they've lost a customer.

Agreed, I will not buy this game if it requires origin. Considering 1 and 2 were on steam hopefully 3 will follow suit.

Played the beta for about 30 mins just now. It feels alooooot like crysis 2 in terms of gameplay and the graphics arent a huge difference but you can notice some new features, Couldn't get SLI working (even with new 313.95 drivers) but i was averaging 40-45 fps with a single 480 at 1080p with no aa and all detail turned up. So, my thoughts are if you follow the story then buy it (there is no doubt in my mind that the campaign will be anything less than fantastic) but if you only want it for multiplayer then it really isnt worth it in my own opinion but i dunno, some people like different things.

Edited by TehStranger

(even with new 313.95 drivers) 

because gtx 4xx series arent supported anymore?

they only state 6xx series so i am asuming 4xx and 5xx wont benifit at all of the newer drivers.

(even with new 313.95 drivers) 

because gtx 4xx series arent supported anymore?

they only state 6xx series so i am asuming 4xx and 5xx wont benifit at all of the newer drivers.

nah man no way they won't support us anymore. I just went on the nvidia website and they released new drivers (313.96) which says it updated the crysis 3 SLI profile so I'll give em a try and report back.

Update: Tried new drivers and still no luck :'(

Edited by TehStranger

I don't like origin or steam lol. I agree origin has its issues...like being a memory hog....leaking dwm.exe. (I disable desktop composition for every game now after using origin)  The fact it goes down alot cause the russians are hacking it and stealing accounts. You prolly have to be careful who you friend on there,though that goes for any messaging service.  People are just haters cause its new.

It will only improve. I already have it for bf3, so crysis 3 will just be one more game on it. Can't wait to try this beta out later.

Edited by RichAC

like being a memory hog....leaking dwm.exe., The fact it goes down alot cause the russians are hacking it and stealing accounts. 

and you said that people where hating it because its new? lol 

Edited by WarWeeny

like being a memory hog....leaking dwm.exe., The fact it goes down alot cause the russians are hacking it and stealing accounts. 

and you said that people where hating it because its new? lol 

LOL. well the memory issue shouldn't affect people unless u on 64 bit windows with only 4gb. but ya 130mb compared to steams 20mb is a big diff. and i just disable desktop composition now all the time for more fps. i might install amd fusion utility again. But ya the russian hackers are hating on it I meant.

on another note. the new crysis 3 is awesome. runs even decent on my machine on medium settings. wow!

the textures are so detailed. WOW! I can't stand this hunter mode though. crash site i like much better. And now i remember why the hackers prolly ruined this game. The invisibility lmao, a wall bots wet dream. But it runs great even on my low end gaming machine.

and there goes my theory about the constant hdd activity for pagefile slowing games. cause my hdd light stays on solid while playing crysis 3 haha. but i dont notice any hitching. my fps isn't amazing.... and ya its constantly caching i think cause my 1gb vram stays maxed out! but my gpu temps stay under 70 even at 80% load. i downed the resolution to 1600x900. but as long as i get steady 30-60 fps with high textures i think thats pretty decent. i can lower settings but right now i'm just casually enjoying the graphics.

Edited by RichAC

what do you think of mp?? graphics are new.. Hit detection is crap... I mean in a serve that has a record, clearly shows the gun is to my left side of head and i die .. while I have been poring bullets into him.not wasting my money this game anyways..i dont know..  

my gun was moving everywhere while theirs stable ..what am I doing wrong??

Got SLI working so i fired up crysis 3 and after 20 mins I looked up at the Afterburner overlay was like yay 100fps then I looked closer and realised it wasnt my FPS it was my TEMP LOLLLL

YREoyhZ.png

that is what you get with sli, and those overclock/vcore lol

lower the overclock, if anything, disable it, you got 2x gtx480 its overkill no matter how you see it, so you dont need those clocks, a gtx 480 can be undervolted at 1.0 vcore, that will drive the temps down alot.

if mine can undervolt to 1.0 on stock clocks good chance yours will too.

Edited by WarWeeny

what do you think of mp?? graphics are new.. Hit detection is crap... I mean in a serve that has a record, clearly shows the gun is to my left side of head and i die .. while I have been poring bullets into him.not wasting my money this game anyways..i dont know..  

my gun was moving everywhere while theirs stable ..what am I doing wrong??

there is a perk u can unlock for less recoil and stuff like that. Check the customizations. I think threes is ones for weapon...and one for like instead of fast reload, or automatic armor etc...

the textures are great and the fps is good. but this engine still feels blurry dx9 to me just like crysis 2 lol. but i can run on medium-low settings with high texture res and af at 1080 res and avg 50 fps. so that's pretty unexpected.

I'd only buy it for the mutliplayer. But i feel sometimes i'd be paying full price for 1/3 of the game. I wish they sold MP only separately.

Edited by RichAC