Sprained my ankle

El_Capitan

Well, it's nice for the second day in two weeks, and I go off spraining my right ankle at the basketball court. I've got some lousy luck.

On the other hand, Orcs Must Die! is a pretty entertaining game. I'll have an excuse to be playing it sitting around the house when it's nice out. :(

post-70939-0-00417500-1332116640_thumb.jpg

That's some bad luck. :(

I have sprained my right ankle a couple of times too. Last time I really sprained it, I had a plaster for 3 weeks (I didn't break my foot). :P

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Tore my ligament in my ankle years ago, coming down from a rebound - a sprain is nothing :P

In all seriousness though, feel better. Don't be stupid and push it before it's healed...I've learned that lesson the hard way.

I'm with ClayMeow, be really careful for the next couple of weeks. I sprained my ankle wakeboarding once, and went wakeboarding again the week after. That time, I wasn't so lucky, and I completely destroyed a ligament in my ankle. Wheelchair for like 2 months. Get well soon!

Ouch. No wonder you guys spend so much time on the computer... :P

I was out of town, so I parked my wheelchair by the dock where we wakeboard and watched friends and felt bad for myself lmao.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude... you have some peculiar looking toes. :lol:

I used to ski a lot as a kid, and did quite a lot of damage to my knees and ankles. By the time I hit 9th grade, I had pretty much stopped skiing because I was tired of being on crutches 2 months out of the year. And once you have a severe sprain, you always seem to do it again and again. Now I'm wary of every little pain in my left ankle.

It's not just the risk of getting injured again: If you strain it too much while it's trying to heal, you can cause the injury to be a lasting one. I fractured to vertebrae in my spine 5 years ago, tried moving around a couple of weeks too early.. And now it's a living menace. Same general experience happened with my brother and having a compound fracture in his femur: A couple weeks early he decided he could tolerate the pain, and he's been tolerating pain ever since.

Even little injuries can have a lasting effect if you don't let your body it's work. So sit down, chill out, and grab a beer. Have a speedy recovery, but don't rush it.

Ankle issues really suck.

I screwed mine up about 6 months ago and it is still tight and it aches, clicks and clacks when i try to rotate it too.

Time heals all wounds, just wait it out.

:D

Ankle issues really suck.

I screwed mine up about 6 months ago and it is still tight and it aches, clicks and clacks when i try to rotate it too.

Time heals all wounds, just wait it out.

:D

That's not true. I've had a crack on my butt for 18 years and it's still not healed.