Car Audio / New Deck.

greengiant912

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1308400BH/Pioneer-AVH-P8400BH.html

That one integrates the app radio into it...

'Pretty darn expensive though :(

Before deciding on single have a look at what facias are available for your car (I have no idea don't have monte Carlos in aus). Some facias are horrible in design although on the whole I found that most Holden (GM) ones are alright so a single din headunits should do alright.

Go for the 4400 instead then :Phttp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Mobile/App/Product/Item/Specs.aspx?i=130P4400BH&search=4400&tp=20217

In fact any of the pioneer units ending 400-BH are damn nice. Including the 2400 you where originally looking at or in a single din flavor the 9400 with dual rear USB.

Which IMO is badass and missing on a lot of things.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Before deciding on single have a look at what facias are available for your car (I have no idea don't have monte Carlos in aus). Some facias are horrible in design although on the whole I found that most Holden (GM) ones are alright so a single din headunits should do alright.

Go for the 4400 instead then :Phttp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Mobile/App/Product/Item/Specs.aspx?i=130P4400BH&search=4400&tp=20217

In fact any of the pioneer units ending 400-BH are damn nice. Including the 2400 you where originally looking at or in a single din flavor the 9400 with dual rear USB.

Which IMO is badass and missing on a lot of things.

Yeah, I just dont know if I want to spend this much money :S I want all these features for DIRT CHEAP HAHAHA

I'd check out sleazebay GG, you can probably get all those radios for dirt cheap new or used.

Yeah, nice thing about Crutchfield though is that they include a lot of the hardware you need to install it, plus detailed guides...

I am always reluctant to use eBay, since I refuse to use paypal... /shrug..

Edited by greengiant912

Yeah, I just dont know if I want to spend this much money :S I want all these features for DIRT CHEAP HAHAHA

Yeah, nice thing about Crutchfield though is that they include a lot of the hardware you need to install it, plus detailed guides...

I am always reluctant to use eBay, since I refuse to use paypal... /shrug..

Ohhh gotcha! cheers.gif

It seems like these units also have video input, one could hook up an xbox hahaha :D

Of course and video out too which means you should totally play with fiberglass and mount a 19" monitor on the passengers side dash :P

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P920XM/Pioneer-GEX-P920XM.html?search=GEX-P920XM&skipvs=T

You will need this for your satellite radio if you pick up any of the pioneer models

Of course and video out too which means you should totally play with fiberglass and mount a 19" monitor on the passengers side dash :P

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P920XM/Pioneer-GEX-P920XM.html?search=GEX-P920XM&skipvs=T

You will need this for your satellite radio if you pick up any of the pioneer models

yeah, I figured that part out ;), the kenwood units have a cheaper XM module, but the UI of the Pioneer is a lot better imo..

Also I got an airbag there so no big monitor :( lol...

Also heres the dash in my car Chevrolet-Monte_Carlo_SS_2006.jpg

I just got the LS model, so no sterring wheel controls :(

Edited by greengiant912

Ulgh, your talking me into it :S I hate to spend sooo much money lol...

So much easier to spend other peoples money ;)

Hey invest in a good deck now and take it to your next car. Which means you better not do the big no no of head unit installations, which is cutting out the stock loom. Just tap in behind it so when the time comes the stock unit will just plug back in for resale.

So much easier to spend other peoples money ;)

Hey invest in a good deck now and take it to your next car. Which means you better not do the big no no of head unit installations, which is cutting out the stock loom. Just tap in behind it so when the time comes the stock unit will just plug back in for resale.

Thats the thing, my next car will likely have all this stuff integrated already.

I usually buy harnesses for my deck installs, for this I need to get an adapter anyways for the GM onstar system to function right...

Car manufactures are making it harder to replace the stock units, which could be due to better technology now and days, and more integrated cars.