Mac Vs. PC

Onion

none!! i like mac pros!! :D

alright, when my rig is done i will do one of them with a comparison to a mac pro, spec'd to as close as it can get to my rig, then lets see how it looks and its price :evilgrin:

alright, when my rig is done i will do one of them with a comparison to a mac pro, spec'd to as close as it can get to my rig, then lets see how it looks and its price :evilgrin:

I wasn't aware they made dual CPU Mac Pros :P

well i just spec'd one with two 6 cores at 2.9 ghz, 64gb ram, a ssd, 6tb storage, dual 5770s, no screens or anything like that, and it came in at over $14000, now my build is shaping up to be well under $5k retail, and im paying much less than that.

when my rig is done i will get the two pictures for a comparison :whistling:

well i just spec'd one with two 6 cores at 2.9 ghz, 64gb ram, a ssd, 6tb storage, dual 5770s, no screens or anything like that, and it came in at over $14000, now my build is shaping up to be well under $5k retail, and im paying much less than that.

when my rig is done i will get the two pictures for a comparison :whistling:

but the difference between mac and pc...are like bmw and skoda..you might be able to get a more luxury skoda for less than a baseline bmw..but let's face it...would you drive a skoda?

and another thing...macs maintain their value better...

but as I said...im not saying macs are better than pc..but the build quality of a Mac is high...;)

Edited by Il_napoletano

but the difference between mac and pc...are like bmw and skoda..you might be able to get a more luxury skoda for less than a baseline bmw..but let's face it...would you drive a skoda?

but as I said...im not saying macs are better than pc..but the build quality of a Mac is high...;)

your trying to say my rig is a skoda?

it is a 2.4 meter long desk with dual loop liquid cooling, dual powersupplies and im going to be running dual 6 core e-5 xeons with dual/ triple 680s. it can hold 4 120mm x 4 rads and the top is one huge sheet of glass so you can see the whole pc beneath it.

as this is fully custom built, there isnt anything like it in the world. i think it would hold its value pretty well

Terrible analogy, Skoda cars are great for rallying, I'd drive one. :lol:

ok...skoda was the first cheap car make I thought of....so just think of a car make that has a cheaper baseline than BMW yet has a few luxury cars....chevy?

i disagree with this whole concept, as my computer is faster, higher quality, more powerful, more versatile, runs cooler, looks a hell of a lot better, built to a higher standard.

just cause i dont pay a huge premium for someone else to put it together, doesnt mean its a chevy compared to a BMW.