Assassin's Creed 3

bp9801

There are rumors of a Revolution o.O, in a certain place in the western hemisphere :D ::cough:: America ::cough:::

This is where I frankly wanted to see the story go, because it only makes sense that the assassins would of had to escape their "extermination" in Europe, what better place than the new world, where people of all creeds were escaping persecution...

i take it someone read that kotaku article? ***WARNING link contains Brotherhood & Revelations SPOILERS*** link

Actually revelations was a massive let down for me. The game play was the same, which is real nice and all, but I rarely even used the hook blade and the nades weren't necessary. The story was rubbish. And I really disliked the fact that the city was split in two with a loading screen in between. To me Brotherhood was the best game yet.

But I'm still going to play this game that's for sure. I need some closure. I'd like it to maybe move to Asia with some ninja aciton. That there'll be more story happening in 2012 is probably inevitable, however, I'd prefer it to be kept to a minimum. It's never really appealed to me.

This x1000. The tower defense thing was annoying and pointless. i did it once outside of the story mission and said F it I'm not doing that everytime my den gets attacked. not to mention the city felt small compared to brotherhood which was small compared to AC1&2

Not to mention the fact it has gotten to a point where there are too many gadgets. i mean 4 different range weapons? (darts, crossbow, throwing knives, gun) 1 is enough. I used bombs i think twice outside of the mandatory story mission. Never bothered crafting them. I'd like to see AC3 simplify things, go back to back to more of an AC 1 approach. less gadgets, more about the stealth approach to assassinations. Without the repeatative side missions and unskipable cutscenes though.

another annoyance about revelations. modifying eagle vision so that it can only be activated while standing still and remapping it to L3. Which genius thought of that?

i'd also like to see a asain protagonist. ninjas ftw.

Oh yeah. I even forgot about that horrendous tower defense. I also did it once outside the storyline and it's dreadful. For me the only ranged I use is the crossbow. I'd say AC 1 was a little too simple. I'd like it to return to how it was in AC 2.

• 2 weeks later...

i take it someone read that kotaku article? ***WARNING link contains Brotherhood & Revelations SPOILERS*** link

I am a big fan of the series and I pay close attention to ever aspect of the game lol... I have been able to draw some conclusions based on where the game was going... ;)

Edited by greengiant912

Um no, I am a big fan of the series and I pay close attention to ever aspect of the game lol... I have been able to draw some conclusions based on where the game was going... ;)

You were correct. :) Check my post directly above yours.

I know!

Its funny, if you payed attention to more of the side stuff, you could pick up hints on where the series wanted to go.

By completing the puzzles you really got some interesting things shown to you.

Playing the Lost Archive DLC, and there is one hint I have found. Also there are some weird things I have found too, haven't been able to decipher them..

As I walked into this room there were the famous words: “We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom; and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” :D Not exactly the American revolution, as that was the ending of the Gettysburg Address.... I am the first to say that Abraham Lincoln was an Assassin! Hell he fights vampires! Why night be an assassin too?

Edited by greengiant912

Playing the Lost Archive DLC, and there is one hint I have found. Also there are some weird things I have found too, haven't been able to decipher them..

As I walked into this room there were the famous words: “We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom; and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” :D Not exactly the American revolution, as that was the ending of the Gettysburg Address.... I am the first to say that Abraham Lincoln was an Assassin! Hell he fights vampires! Why night be an assassin too?

if it does turn out to be in america, i wouldnt be surprised if they pull somethin like lincoln was a templar and was assassinated by the brotherhood

if it does turn out to be in america, i wouldnt be surprised if they pull somethin like lincoln was a templar and was assassinated by the brotherhood

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/01/assassins-creed-3-boxart/

Official!!!

Lincoln would def not be a Templar, I think he would be an Assassin personally!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx

Edited by greengiant912

More leaked screen shots. Out of the weapons I've seen in the pictures, I see a major let down. The bow is going to be too slow to be efficient. It'll only be good for sniping, which a cross bow could do better. The gun looks blah, since it'll take way to long to reload, if it is going to be realistic. I've always disliked axes for assassins, since they seem to brutal, whereas the dagger has always been my weapon of choice. Also there's no sword or knife. And I've seen no hidden blades, though I doubt they dare remove those.
  • Like 1

More leaked screen shots. Out of the weapons I've seen in the pictures, I see a major let down. The bow is going to be too slow to be efficient. It'll only be good for sniping, which a cross bow could do better. The gun looks blah, since it'll take way to long to reload, if it is going to be realistic. I've always disliked axes for assassins, since they seem to brutal, whereas the dagger has always been my weapon of choice. Also there's no sword or knife. And I've seen no hidden blades, though I doubt they dare remove those.

The screenshots show all of three weapons. I suspect Ubisoft wants to keep some others under wrap. :P

AC2 had a fair amount of non-assassin weapons though, or maybe it was one of the expansions. Either way, the series is including a lot more than just a sword, hidden blades, knife, and throwing/projectile weapons.