Watercooling question

Laststop

That's not that bad.

As stoner said the xspc pump isn't all that great, but what your looking for it should be fine.

I'm sure I could ask frozen cpu to change out the pump to something else if i paid the extra cost. Would it be worth it to upgrade the pump

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Build it yourself and get a d5 pump (brand doesn't matter as long as it says 655 or d5 as they are all the same) you could use the same case or even get a cheaper one if you want some recs I can give them if I hop on a pc to cross-check some prices. Then you could possibly end up with a cheaper case and 2x 240rads with 8 yate loons (they are cheap quiet and perform well, if you know anything about nexus fans you will know why) tubing, barbs and worm drives. The d5 and a res top for it so you can keep all drive bays and you are set just need some blocks. The xspc rasa block is actually much better performing than it's price would suggest. Then you just need your GPU blocks koolance or ek take your pick but I would say steer clear of the buckle plated there has been issues the actual are fine as internally it is all copper.

Sorry bout wall-o-text on my phone making dinner :D

Edit: the reason I recommend against the xspc pump is because of the amount of blocks you plan to have in your loop.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Or you could do this^^

If stoner is offering to find the deals for you I'd take him up on it. I have no idea how he finds so many. :)

I have been planning my new loop and rig too long :-/

I need to get time to finish some other stuff before the new rig gets underway. However finished work the other week and I am beginning/attepting to finish 4 projects this week.

Yea I just don't feel comfortable setting all that up. I'll just see what frozen cpu charges me to upgrade to a d5 pump

Fair enough but I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting something like that shipped to me. At the very least you will need to make sure every screw is all done up and that all hoses are firmly secured or you run a very real risk of frying everything. Not to mention you still need to buy GPU blocks and more tubing and barbs/compression fittings to add them to the loop too.

Yea I just don't feel comfortable setting all that up. I'll just see what frozen cpu charges me to upgrade to a d5 pump

this is usually when i say i advise against water cooling. if you aren't comfortable installing the parts how are you going to install a gpu waterblock and bleed the system?

I guess everyone starts somewhere but diving full on into watercooling without understanding how to setup spells disaster to me.

on the other hand OCC is a great place to get answers so you may be able to squeeze by without issues....idk

Edited by hornybluecow

Decided I would do this anyway. Bored and felt like seeing what I could come up with.

Newegg

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced - $130 after MIR with free shipping

Sidewinder

Pump - Swiftech MCP655-B - $69 the good one with the tacho

Res - XSPC Acrylic D5 Tank - $44

Rad - Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power - $50 great performance for a small footprint meaning easy install of push/pull fans

CPU Block - XSPC RayStorm - $63 and it lights up too :lol:

Fans - MYate Loon 120x25mm D12SM-12 Medium Speed - $6 (6x6=$36 which is the price of 1 and a half gentle typhoons :lol: ) just ask waco about performance and noise

Barbs - Bitspower G 1/4in. True Brass Fitting for 3/8in. Tubing - $1.75 (6x1.75=$10.50) brass is nice bitspower quality too and very cheap another two and a vid card bridge when yoiu get gpu blocks and it will only be another $6

Clamps - Worm drive clamps from a hardware store looking at what $6 top for a pack of 20 or something

Tubing - Tygon R3400 1/4in. ID 3/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing - $1.35 (i think it is in feet.... stupid imperial system, so 10feet 10x1.35=$13.50) may as well get the good stuff and go tygon

Kill coil - Silver Coils - Antimicrobial .999 Fine Silver Strip - $5

Shipping

No idea where you are so cant say, shouldn't be bad at all tho better than shipping on the case from frozencpu tho.

$427 and then shipping

All this can be installed without modding the case bar when you screw the pump/res combo down with self tappers or something.

I'm just curious as to why your water cooling if your only looking for ~4.4ghz

I currently run at 4.3ghz with the stock cooler on my 2500k...

(She definitely gets hot sometimes peaking at 70 under heavy load but I also just ordered water cooling and I'm hoping for 5ghz)