Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Tjj your biggest problem is you are immature. You are only 19, it's expected. I wasn't very mature at 19 either. Not an attack at all just an observation.

To prove my point you constantly throughout this thread want people to side with you. Mature people couldn't care less what others think. If you as smart as you claim why does it matter to anyone else unless you are a bit immature and insecure.

It's like this, if you are smart , you don't need to tell people or have them validate it, they will just know it.

I apologize earlier for saying you are mentally disturbed. I didn't mean it and was more or less just having fun with this thread like everyone else.

I'll say you have a colorful outlook on life and leave it at that.

I am the one who said something about the elementary history class not Niko! Also, since you incorrectly quoted what I said I will help you out with exactly what I said again:

So as you can clearly see, I did not say you need to take the elementary history class. But, because your correlations between what this father did here and the slaves, women, jewish, and every other RIDICULOUS comparison over the last 30 pages or so of this thread you have made....I had to ASK! Maybe, instead of asking if you had taken the elementary history class, I should have asked why you either forgot about everything you learned or why you just choose to make "special" comparisons between this father and completely unrelated things that have happened in our history!

Now, let's get back to this alleged education you have Doogie :whistling: I assure you, with all of the "special" comments you have made on this thread, you yourself have buried your own grave on the opinions of how educated you are....in reality that is! So it is highly doubtful that you will be able to "trump" anything on this matter :whistling:

You also say this dad was not "open" enough ( I think you may have meant open-minded) or willing to listen to his teenage daughter????? WTF are you talking about? It seems to me that all he did was listen to exactly what her little disrespectful @ss said! Then he made a choice to correct the lack of respect problem that he was facing as a father! Also, you must have missed all the stories (even linked on this very thread) where she is doing just fine in her deserved punishment!

It is not unrelated. That is the point.

The only time I once correlated THE slaves and the dad intentionally was when I was defining what the world slave meant in my dialogue and how it differed from what the African slaves went through in America.

The rest of it has been about how history has its own way of deciding who is right and who is wrong in any given situation. The only reason I used peoples suffrage was because everyone (hopefully) knows about it and it is realistically easy to argue. If I had been saying something about the Ubaidian people (freak example), NO ONE would have a flip clue as to what I was talking about. Your comments would have gone from "you don't know what you are talking about!" to "What are you talking about?".

Basically, my point is is that ANY time there has been inequality in history, history will write it as injustice instead. I am by no way saying that this girl has it as bad as slaves (house slaves in the north maybe, but not the average slave......that is a whole different thing and I probably would never stop writing about it). At least that has not been my intention. In fact if that is what you believe me to have been saying, I am highly surprised there isn't an angry mob around my house. Is that what you meant by the history class thing? Is to reexamine peoples suffrage because you thought I have been falsely characterizing this girl with a history of horrors? If so I apologize then for taking that out of context.

My examples are basically well known enough so that I don't have to give a history lesson every two seconds, and are mainly focused on showing how what is generally accepted today, is thought of an atrocity tomorrow.

Now the other example I give is relating children to A suffrage MOVEMENT. That is very different. I relate it to a general movement because it is happening in front of our eyes. A group of pissed off people find a way to get together to talk about how pissed they are. This girl is using face book to rebel against her dad our forefathers used taverns to revolt against great Britain. (((((Also notice that I am not saying the girl is like our forefathers. I am showing that history very could well be repeating itself by showing similarities......nothing more))))

In the end I am using these examples to get my opponents to approach the situation differently in your head, and you are trying to do the same with me for that matter. An example would be me consistently saying stuff like oh well people in the 1800s thought this way blah blah blah. It is to get you guy to think that maybe just because you are right today won't necessarily meant your right tomorrow. I was hoping to spark some self reflection (I know what you are thinking, and yes it is ironic) by saying stuff like that to prevent yourselves from becoming the purely PURELY hypothetical plantation owners of the 22nd century.

BY NO MEANS DO I ACTUALLY BELIEVE OR WISH TO CONVEY THAT THIS GIRL HAS IT AS BAD AS ANY DISCRIMINATED RACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever end up believing that in my mind, I give you full rights to take an undiplomatic approach to resolve the situation. Again, if you have been honestly thinking that is what I believe then you have full rights to have told me that I forgot everything from history class. I haven't, but I think I am starting to understand where you are coming from a bit.

Angel, are you talking about suffrage or suffering? Because suffrage refers to the right to vote.

Also, what are you attempting to convey with the analogy, "this girl is using face book to rebel against her dad our forefathers used taverns to revolt against great Britain"? All that analogy illustrates is that Facebook is a venue that is equivalent to taverns, which people voice their displeasures. You are grossly overlooking history if you are comparing this incident to that of the events that led up to the War of Independence. For one, the settlers were given autonomy from King George III for countless years, and had their own institutions setup, their way of life became the status quo until the King interfered and meddled in their affairs (For all you History majors out there, I know that this is a very brief overview of history, and that I am not doing it enough justice), which these elements are not present in this familial case. And if you are suggesting that children will rebel because of their dissatisfaction of their parents and responsibilities, then by all means, they should do it. They can claim independence, and when they do, they will realize how spoiled they were and may appreciate their parents for putting food on the table, clothes on their backs, a roof over their heads, and so on.

Edited by PremiumAcc

Tjj your biggest problem is you are immature. You are only 19, it's expected. I wasn't very mature at 19 either. Not an attack at all just an observation.

To prove my point you constantly throughout this thread want people to side with you. Mature people couldn't care less what others think. If you as smart as you claim why does it matter to anyone else unless you are a bit immature and insecure.

It's like this, if you are smart , you don't need to tell people or have them validate it, they will just know it.

I apologize earlier for saying you are mentally disturbed. I didn't mean it and was more or less just having fun with this thread like everyone else.

I'll say you have a colorful outlook on life and leave it at that.

I would say the word most people are looking for is gravely naive or fool hearty, not immature. I HAVE acted immaturely of which I do apologize for, but I do find it very irritating that when all I want to see is possibly more simple humanism out of our world, and I am met with a slew of comments telling me I don't know what I am talking about. It does sort of set me in a bad mood.

I am also aware of what you say, and I agree whole heartedly. My problem is that I have seen this world turn to mud because not enough people do speak out. Not enough people are willing to challenge the status quo to try to come up with a better way in which to operate this world. ((((PS. The tea party and Sahara Palin don't count :lol: ))))

But I have decided that I would rather be hated and try to take everything by myself so I can at least make it better for someone, whoever that may be I surely don't know. I don't know if it is stupid, fool hearty, or too idealistic for me to do that, but I will probably continue to drag my name through the mud for the rest of my life just to be able to spark one persons mind.

I certainly do not have all the answers. I think you all know this by now. My way of parenting is certainly not correct especially since I have had a EXTREMELY narrow margin in which to test its full capabilities (e.g. I have not had a 15 year old girl not listen to me simply because I do not think her shoes are pretty ((((Yes I have seen that happen I just was not in charge))))), but I do not believe the fathers form of parenting was correct in this video was either. All I am looking to do is to challenge people on how they see this video. Was it the best possible solution? I don't think so. Simple. Agree with me or don't but then agree to disagree and don't sit there and tell me I don't know what I am talking about, that parents are the only ones allowed to comment, or that his form of parenting is better than any other form on this planet, because that is not only insulting but it is very narrow minded.