Watercooling - Finalling having a go, suggestions?

Gr4vitas

Eh, bay reservoirs are more for convenience than anything. Mine was a classy lady to set up (bleeding was impossible till I modded it but they've revised it since then) but once it's in it's extremely simple. All I do is top it off from time to time without even opening up my case or shutting my system off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, bay reservoirs are more for convenience than anything. Mine was a classy lady to set up (bleeding was impossible till I modded it but they've revised it since then) but once it's in it's extremely simple. All I do is top it off from time to time without even opening up my case or shutting my system off.

Yea I think I'm going to go with this: http://jab-tech.com/EK-Single-Bay-res-Black-Acetal-pr-4908.html

Okay price and looks good. As it turns out I think I'll be able to order some parts from Jab-Tech for quite a bit cheaper, I was almost done adding everything to my cart when I noticed for some reason there compression fittings are 6-15 dollars. Where at performance pc I was looking at buying them for 3.99 each -_- at least I'm down to ordering from two sites though, and its just compression fittings, clamps, and tubing from performance pc the rest from jab tech.

I still don't really know what to use for tubing, I am going to go with 1/2 ID 3/4 OD, but there are so many options for tubing, I realize its probably a pretty minor thing but I don't want to get some crap thats going to go milky on me or kink to . the second I start trying to rout around turns.

I mean on Jab-Tech you have "chemical" tubing which from the name sounds like its simply resistant to more chemicles, that costs $3.10 while they have "milk and dairy" tubing that costs $2.90. I realize that example there isn't a big price difference but the point is is there really any difference? Or should I pretty much just get the cheapest . I can find, thats of "quality manufacturer".

You can get an MCR with a built in reservoir.

I don't think that will work if I'm mounting it horizontally in the top of my case though.

Anyone have any suggestions for high static pressure fans? Preferably in red? :P

Edit: I just found these, Free 120mm red LED fans, though I don't like the clear and would prefer a more subtle red color...there free...

I think I may scoop these up.

Edited by Gr4vitas

Heck, I have the revised version and it is still a 30min dance, flipping my 100lbs case every which way to bleed it :lol: But, like you said, once it's in and bled bay reservoirs are simple and they look damn good too :biggrin:

Heck, I have the revised version and it is still a 30min dance, flipping my 100lbs case every which way to bleed it :lol: But, like you said, once it's in and bled bay reservoirs are simple and they look damn good too :biggrin:

Mine takes no effort to bleed at all with my modifications...so I win. :lol:

Your's without modification is probably the worst known res in existence.

100% true. :lol:

With my modification (and running the inlet into the right side while pulling out of the left side) it literally bleeds inside of a few minutes just by adding water. I love it. :)

So I got permission from the boss lady to order up the higher end setup :D

So this is what I have so far, and I'll be ordering it all today!

Swiftech Apogee HD

Swiftech MCP655

XSPC RS360 (<-- half the price of the RX360, literally, I just couldn't justify doubling the price for a few less FPI)

EK Single Bay Res

Some Tubing

Some Compression Fittings

So any last minute thoughts? Anyone have any experience with that tubing? Should those compression fittings be alright?

Any suggestions on a better bay res?

Any other suggestions at all before I pull the trigger?

Anyone with any last minute suggestions? I'm about to order.

Edit: What do you guys recommend for an anti-microbial? I was just thinking distilled water + kill coil = all set?

Edited by Gr4vitas

looks good! it just may be my bad luck but i avoid compression fittings, i just heard horrible things about them. second my XSPC Res is cracking at the ports lucky for you EK is an awesome brand. maybe think about adding glue once the barbs are on?

Edited by hornybluecow