Attention GTX470 Owners

FUZi0N

Just a heads up if you are looking for a cheap, quiet, effective VGA cooler I would highly recommend the Scythe Setsugen2. The stock EVGA 470 cooler would idle 50+c and well over 100c full load running furmark with a slight OC/stock voltage. After installing my Setsugen2 and bumping my core to 725mhz (607 stock) and voltage to 1.087 this thing idles just over 30c and never goes over 85c during full load in furmark for 5 minutes. Only flaw I saw while installing is the thermal adhesive 3m tape shipped on the memory heatsinks did not adhere well so I'd recommend using thermal epoxy. I paid just under $50usd shipping on amazon for it and I have ZERO regrets. I am really surprised I have not seen a review for this on OCC already. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GIPCU0

I'll rephrase that.. around 105 +/- a few degrees. Also the thermal compound on the stock cooler didn't look to be in good shape. It had some small air pockets around the outside of the ihs.

Why wouldn't you just post something less spammy...

"I upgraded my GPU fan cooler" etc.

I mean come on, I was expecting to hear some sort of announcement related to the 470 (maybe some sort of recall?)

Why wouldn't you just post something less spammy...

"I upgraded my GPU fan cooler" etc.

I mean come on, I was expecting to hear some sort of announcement related to the 470 (maybe some sort of recall?)

Hmm....So I guess Attn GTX 470 Owners...Great Cooler wasn't good enough????? I don't really think that is "spammy" :whistling:

Fuzion, good to hear that you saw some pretty substantial temp drops on the new cooler! The 470/480's were great cards except for the heat output, sounds like you got that under control :thumbsup:

Also the cooler master accelero XTREME Plus II isn't bad, although that's 100 bucks or so. And when i say not bad i mean one of the best on the market and you can use it on a large array of cards.

Edit: it was XTREME and not extrem as I originally typed it. Note the UPPER CASE LETTERS thus making it far superior to any other product.

Edited by Rofltroll

i'm guessing your heatsink went bad because at 105c your card will throttle back until it's in safe temps ie, 90c~

Yes, the stock cooler would wind up like a jet engine for a few seconds while playing CoD, SWToR etc. Reason for putting GTX470 owners is knowing from my own personal experience the GTX470/480 cards ran really hot from the manufacturers and this was a great cheap solution. Its damn quiet too.

Edited by FUZi0N