Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

Haha I've got an old setup at my desk -- Altec Lansing XA3021 (the bomb shaped sub)

XA3021X-unit.jpg

Waco is the one with the REAL setup for our home theater....

You talking about the subwoofer that has its own chimney?

You talking about the subwoofer that has its own chimney?

It's a port dammit. :lol:I'll probably rebuild it when we move. It has no need for that much port area. :teehee:

i love it seeing you guys kidding stuffs around here at OCC.

oh yes, rebuilt it before you move Waco or else you and Panda would be:

port.jpg

but that mammoth sub woofer truly awed me :)

I would recommend using speaker stands and fill them with sand or lead shot. It will greatly improve overall sound. And when your ready, do a crossover upgrade.

nice setup.

+1

nice gears you've got there sir. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I was wondering why speaker stands would help with sound? Would it make a noticeable difference? :thx:

Edited by Black64

speaker stands works like magic for most. it simply lifts the speakers off the ground yet in a stable, less vibrations that diminishes unwanted coloration which improves overall tonal quality.

so did the tweeters would be at your ear level while you are at sitting at your listening position.

Stands are primarily to bring the speakers to the right listening height to give proper stereo imaging. Having the tweeters at ear level is best.

Furthermore good quality speaker stands can isolate vibrations from speaker cabs. Best soundstage comes from speakers at the proper listening height and then playing around with positioning. Bringing them out from the wall and having very little stuff between them is best but not always practical.