Alienware X51

About a couple days ago, Alienware announced their new product the X51. It's designed as a small form factor PC for gaming / home entertainment. With the lowest price at $700 (Intel i3 and nVidia GT 545) and higher priced models with an i5 and nVidia GTX 555. It uses an external power brick (220 W and 330 W models).

"Alienware insists that even the cheapest version can run games like Battlefield 3 at 1080p and high settings with framerates of 30 and above." - $700 model with i3 and GT 545

It is a PC still, so you can upgrade the parts. From the few videos I've seen it looks like they made all the internals easy to remove (slide in to lock).

Can't wait to see some benchmarks on the lowest model, this would be nice for LANs or a long stay. I would love to see MnpcTech mod the crap out of this case and watercooling. Say add on a raised chassis to fit a keyboard and fold up monitor on one side (this however sounds more like Ben Heck). Then all you would need is a mouse and your all set to go gaming anywhere with an outlet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGknqZ6sQcE

[OCC News Article]

Edited by Krazyxazn

Looks cool, but I can build a similar ITX, for cheaper, that will put that machine to shame. lol2.gif

That said, I found this.

Intel i7 2600K

GTX 580

mini-itx

Watercooled

Still prefer the sleeker Alienware case, although that GPU waterblock is pretty shiny. Too bad its on the bottom of the case.

Edited by Krazyxazn

That said, I found this.

Intel i7 2600K

GTX 580

mini-itx

Watercooled

Still prefer the sleeker Alienware case, although that GPU waterblock is pretty shiny. Too bad its on the bottom of the case.

That case is incredibly awesome...