Need advice on GTX 570 & FX 4100

TheMainPimp

lol2.gif

:rofl:

Look what I started. Sorry,

I would see if there is a place to add intake fans. Such as the Bottom panel would be a perfect place to do it and give you something to mod.

Go on MNPCtech.com when you can and get two things below. The case feet will space up the case and the template will help you cut the holes out. That way you would now have more intake fans and this would help keep that GPU nice and cool.

Case feet Rad fan template

One other thing I would consider is not using furmark for a tester. Granted it is a good one but the stress level and heat is totally unrealistic for what you will see in real gaming. Furmark Tends to put you into an extreme Load that puts the GPU on its Knees. Use Uengine heaven and futuremark and keep overclocking. :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for testing to see if your CPU is bottle necking your GPU, you could test it by running some benchmarks (heaven benchmark is great) and comparing it to people running the same GPU on say an i5 or something like the 1100T. I think you would see on average a 6 FPS difference with a high of 13 FPS lag on your system.

I think I would test games for showing any kind of bottleneck over benchmarks! Most benchmarks are heavily favored for Intel, as well as Nvida, there are very few that go the other way ;) But you talk about actual fps in games, in most titles and I bet the difference is marginal in a similarly priced i5 and not an unreal increase on a CPU double the price like the 2500 of 1100T. Although I love running benchmarks, they are just for epeen - Actual game play is the only thing that really matters IMO :P

why do you want 100fps it can't display that on your monitor

While that may be true, along with the eyes....to me, the higher the fps in game the smoother it feels :biggrin:

Oh no, i just played crysis for a while but now when im playing it.. its just freezing every 2 seconds like... play freeze play freeze play feeze like a lag but not lag :P i down clocked it to the sonic gtx 570 from palit aswell.. You may want to know, whenever the game freezing every 2 seconds.. i hear a noise from my pc like from the card.

I will use Uengine heaven, any FPS or score i should be hitting?

I have seen a video where GTX 570 default clock with i7 2600K gets 21 FPS with MAX of 52 or around that so am i looking at 15 or something ?

i am getting 61 degrees from playing crysis and its quite smooth apart from some intense areas and that strange freezing..

i would replace that PCI slot covers with something like this.

and if your case's back side isn't sitting that close/against a wall then an 80mm fan(intake) will fit there for sure. grab a couple of those canned spray paint and that case would be a stunner :cool2:

Something you should know though is that the 4100 is probably bottle necking your GPU. You should probably think about getting a 1100T.

Seriously? You're going to suggest someone replace a perfectly good brand new CPU with another?

Sure, it's probably not the fastest CPU in the world, but it's certainly not going to matter that much in games. The GPU is the limitation 99% of the time, especially with a single GPU.

Hello, i recently bought a Palit GTX 570 (Standard) i tried overclocked it slighty to.. http://gyazo.com/cd3d4d0fe6e2b791709a82336c90ff2f and i do not want to damage this card so.. any higher but safe overclocks? my case is kinda compact and has no exhaust fans yet, i am getting 1 soon.. the card never gets past 65C but never seen it get past 50% usage yet so i guess thats normal on games like.. simulators, Left 4 Dead & MOH? but those are games which are low-medium end, i have not got any CoD or BF yet so.. i need advice on that

P.S - I dont know how to use my BIOs, also i heard i have to be careful with voltages as it burns the card easily so please dont give me EXTREME overclock advice as i want this card to last for 1 year atleast :)

I also bought a AMD FX 4100 (Some say they are bad, but they are pretty fast for me) i have seen people overclock it to 4.5Ghz with default cooler and i have the cooler that comes with it, i would consider overclocking mine to 4GHz? is this okay? and this may sound a bit nooby but... how do i overclock my CPU, i have the ASUS Turbo Key, other CPU stuff from ASUS but they dont overclock i dont think... i need help on this aswell

If you would like to help me, post a reply or send a email to [email protected] Thanks, My specs are below if you need to know :)

Rig:

AMD FX 4100 (4 x 3.6Ghz) - Retail Fan

Patriot 16GB RAM - 1333MHz ( would like to O.C but dont know how or if its advisable)

Palit GTX 570 1.28GB @ 797Mhz

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Hitachi 1TB HDD

LG Super-Multi DVD Drive

750 Watt PSU (I dont know manufacturer haha)

Windows 7 Home Premium

1024x768 Monitor (new one is getting replaced as it broke on delivery)

Note: No case fans apart from small intake fan on side window, i plan on buying a 120mm exhaust fan when i get more money.

I am having some issues, I can overclock my fx4100 easily over 4.4ghz with no issues from prime 95 running for a few hours... but when I run SWTOR i get weird graphical artifacting. This IS NOT a graphic card issue because running the game at a lesser clock I get no issues and please note I DO NOT HAVE MY GPU OC.

gskill sniper series 8gb kit @ 1866 fsb

AMD FX-4100 with dark knight cooler on it

sapphire radeon 6850

ASUS m5a97 motherboard

asus 600w ps

vizio 37inch 1080p tv for monitor

ozc 60gb vertex 3 SSD

750g regular sata hd

if need be i can make a fraps video of the artifacting and upload it.

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by TheDude704

I am having some issues, I can overclock my fx4100 easily over 4.4ghz with no issues from prime 95 running for a few hours... but when I run SWTOR i get weird graphical artifacting. This IS NOT a graphic card issue because running the game at a lesser clock I get no issues and please note I DO NOT HAVE MY GPU OC.

gskill sniper series 8gb kit @ 1866 fsb

AMD FX-4100 with dark knight cooler on it

sapphire radeon 6850

ASUS m5a97 motherboard

asus 600w ps

vizio 37inch 1080p tv for monitor

ozc 60gb vertex 3 SSD

750g regular sata hd

if need be i can make a fraps video of the artifacting and upload it.

any help would be appreciated.

probably has to to with total heat in the case...