Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the same as buying a Lamborghini, it is about what it says to others.

It says what...that someone has a lot of money, likes to pretend they have a lot of money, or just that they are shallow as hell? If your hardware doesn't match up its only as good as having an Atari inside an Xbox.

I'm generally a fan of CM cases but this one falls short...

I look for what I like...buy what I can afford and make it my own. The cosmos II supports neither.

However, this is my opinion. Many of you will disagree.

I seriously don't get why you people have a problem with this case. While I was first starting my build people were recommending cases like the Corsair 800D ($280), the Silverstone TJ07 ($350), and Danger Den/Mountain Mods (~$350). are you seriously suggesting this case doesn't holds it's own against the other cases in it's price bracket, because I highly disagree. Let's face it, the 800D and TJ07 are both ancient, the TJ07 isn't even a full tower case, and it doesn't even have USB 3.0. The cases are built nowhere near as sturdy as the Cosmos II. Also, the Cosmos II can fit four radiators without any need to modify it, this case puts the others to shame. The only case that beats it for water cooling are the Danger Den/Mountain Mods cases, and they're basically pieces of plastic glued together, which I would never pay that much for. That's why it's a great case, between the sound deadening design, the great front panel I/O set-up, the sturdy build, the insane amount of room for expandability, and the great airflow there's absolutely no way this case could be any better (except possibly a side window). So for those of you who think I'm just trying to make a statement, or that I just have too much money. The latter might be a little true, but I honestly bought this case cause it beats everything else at it's price point, and cause I don't think you should need to cut up a case to fit a decent water cooling set-up in it.

PS: Sorry about the wall of text :lol:

I seriously don't get why you people have a problem with this case. While I was first starting my build people were recommending cases like the Corsair 800D ($280), the Silverstone TJ07 ($350), and Danger Den/Mountain Mods (~$350).

Because they weren't spending their money, they were spending yours.

Just like tri-fire 7970 sounds awesome...for someone else. :lol:

Edited by Waco

:wub: -----> Cosmos 2 (But only the idea of one coz at 22kg empty.... wel it wont transport easily)

so I got the trooper instead :P

Very eager to see what you guys do with your Cosmos 2 cases..

Nice, what are you doing for your GPU loop? I'm thinking a MCP655, Koolance GPU blocks, two MCR220 radiators in the bottom, with four Gentle Typhoon 1,450RPM fans blowing out the sides, and a Bitfenix Specter Pro 140mm 1,200RPM White LED fan pulling air in from the front.

I had a long talk with joe @ Frozen CPU yesterday who is working on a Cosmos II as well. we found that we can get a pair of 360mm in the bottom. Its the reason I got the 1500 LH pump. probably EK blocks.