HWMonitor Temp

LightningJR

Does anyone know what TMPIN1 is referring to in HWMonitor? 113C worries me. IDK if it's a false reading or not... Speedfan shows a temp like it as well and they call it "Temp2" :vmad: I checked in AIDA64 and there's no such temp that high. As you can tell HWMonitor don't properly read my voltages.. neither does speedfan, but AIDA64 does. I'm thinking AIDA64 is the correct program but I have to make sure. I need help from the OCC community. :biggrin:

PRNTSCRN.png

lol. maybe. I thought it could be VRM temps be cause at that time I was running 4.9Ghz 1.4V plus the load on the GPU.. My mobo isn't an expensive one. 4+1 Power I do believe and that kind of OC with the GPU being at near 100%... but idk... maybe you're right. Does the VRMs usually have a temp reading?

That is more then likely a false reading. I'm not sure if there is a component on the market that can hold that temperature for any amount of Time. Me personally I would check on the heatsinks and use a temperature gun. To check it. If anything is remotely close to that there is an issue but I have my doubts that anything in the system is that hot..... or it would be fried by now.

That temp is past the boiling point of water so if it was the vrm's they would be melted by now and you wouldn't have anything to type this tread with. Sometimes hwm gives stupid temps like this, just a bug in the program.But you are right about running high volts threw that mb, it might not last very long at that high a oc, espesially without any heatsinks on the mosfets.

Thanks everyone, good to know.

On a side note. Anyone know of an alternate program to HWMonitor. Would the paid version be more compatible? AIDA64 seems to work fine but it's a full fledged program, plus it doesn't have some readings that hwmonitor has.

Maybe one of the mosfets or the southbridge. I had an Anita kn9 sli that the upper mosfets ran really hot. Mosfets very from manufacture to manufacture. Go to msi's website and get there temp monitoring suit or utility.

Seriously, I get stupid temps like that from HWM at least once a week, usally when I first start the pc or open the hwm program, and that is when the pc is the coolest, I just click the clear temps tab and it goes away and won't show again for another week, and it did it on the same mb for 2 years, I sold the mb and it is still going strong. It's a bug in the program and if you google it you will find it all oner the web. However if you are concerned buy a temp gun and check out the mb, thats what I did and the hottest thing was my mosfets at 60c, no where near the 130c hwm showed.