XP AntiVirus 2012

SpeedCrazy

My grandpa got this a few weeks ago too along with a few of my friends' parents. I just had them upgrade to Windows 7 after removing the malware. :cheers:

Don't i wish....

She is running a 12 year old xp professional box from dell. Refuses to upgrade, and when this one finally dies she wants another xp box... she has seen 7 and says its too complicated. She still wants to know where 95 features are.... so i think its just as well that it still works.

My grandpa got this a few weeks ago too along with a few of my friends' parents. I just had them upgrade to Windows 7 after removing the malware. :cheers:

Thats the way to go but sometimed it's an older pc that can't run w7 .

Thats the way to go but sometimed it's an older pc that can't run w7 .

True.

My grandpa is actually on a single core Athlon 64 with 1.5 GB of RAM. Windows 7 runs surprisingly well considering the hardware. :cheers:

Don't i wish....

She is running a 12 year old xp professional box from dell. Refuses to upgrade, and when this one finally dies she wants another xp box... she has seen 7 and says its too complicated. She still wants to know where 95 features are.... so i think its just as well that it still works.

We see that from a lot of our customers, mostly the older ones but also the not so old ones. A lot of people don't like to change really, especially in an area of their life that is pretty insignificant to them. Most people just check email or do facebook so keeping up to date with operating systems isn't a concern.

Well i followed the bleepingpc guide and it failed right off. The FixNCR.reg file ran but did not allow me to use my programs as normal. I re-downloaded and tried again but it did nothing. I also tried their method for downloading it onto the infected pc.

I also tried the linux and safemode method but i could not find the file and when i thought i did and went into safemode the display was messed up, it was sending just the bottom left corner of the screen to the whole monitor, so i could see the start menu and half of the taskbar and a half of the way up the side of the screen, ofcourse the programs all opened like i had the whole monitor so i could not see the whole malwarebytes window to run the scan from it.

Looking like i will have to just copy the files across and reformat.

It is clean.

Restarted the machine and the reg file had been applied. So then all i had to do was run malwarebytes and hit fix! It found the five items the guide said it would.

So i then ran ccleaner mse and spyware and it comes up clean!

Thanks guys

Hey, did you not notice I agreed with you, whats this remove it all day long .:nono:

Sorry i wasn't disagreeing or arguing with you. I think i was just trying to reiterate the point of it should just be reformatted?

Sorry I've been sick as hell for a few days now, i don't really know what is going on... sleep2.gif

Sorry i wasn't disagreeing or arguing with you. I think i was just trying to reiterate the point of it should just be reformatted?

Sorry I've been sick as hell for a few days now, i don't really know what is going on... sleep2.gif

That's like every single day for me. :lol:

Not the sick part, I never get sick, but the never know what is going on part is like natural for me.

That's like every single day for me. :lol:

Not the sick part, I never get sick, but the never know what is going on part is like natural for me.

LOL lol2.gif

It's ok, when you're playing video games you dont really need to know what's going on around you!

Don't i wish....

Ask her to try out original Slackware linux. She might love it. :P

JK.