chipset cooling recomendations

rieds

post-81190-0-70508800-1327083113_thumb.jpg

got my enzotech heatsink yesterday and put it in. had to bend a group of three caps over just a touch to make it fit but other wise was pretty easy. had to remove the board cause there was no room to get a pair of snippers in there to cut off old push pins. dropped the temp 20c with only a 6.2 cfm fan. it also dropped my cpu and core temps about 5 deg too. i guess cause there in such close proximaty.

post-81190-0-23940900-1327083048_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i found a sunon 40x40x28 that is 18cfm. i'm gonna try it to see if it makes it a fair amount cooler. maybe throw the other fan on the southbridge. do they make motherboards that have chipset temp sensors?

Its usually just the "system temperature" that you want to look for. Most motherboard have that sensor intergrated. Go to the motherboards manufacture website and see if they have a monitoring suite you can use.

i used to have a 70++C bootup temps with my NB and tipping the gauge up to 90++ which leaves me worried either, further research led me to MSI forums and found out that i'm not alone having that 'issue' with the MSI's X58 board :rolleyes: .

tho Intel stated that the X58 chips can withstand up to 100deg C (after that X58 heat issue came out), but it was me who can't stand seeing my chip heats up like that :yucky::unsure:

and so i replaced that crappy OEM TIM with Tuniq TX-3, did some mods with the HS then installed the Antec Spot cool fan for it. not bad for a whopping 40 deg drop after all :thumbsup: .

here's the pic showing the Spot Cool fan;

DSC00427copy.jpg

or you may opt for Akasa Thermal Solution

Hi

I know it's a bit off topic but swordfish which thermometer is that on your NB? as im looking to get one

thanks

Hi

I know it's a bit off topic but swordfish which thermometer is that on your NB? as im looking to get one

thanks

I thought at first they were just something like the xspc ones except they aren't I too am interested now.