2012: Post your ride!

Stonerboy779

Give up already on making me envious.

I think I'll tree-trunk my car and see what airbags do.

I6 and rear louvers? Instantly badass.

Also, better than no car at all, which is what I have. RIP, Mustang. :(

Meh. I like my junker. :lol:

30 MPG, fun to drive, and only $2000. :teehee:

Speaking of junkers, I'm tempted to give my parents the go-ahead on a 1994 v6 Mustang auto. 115k miles, new suspension, some small problems, most parts to fix those problems are included, clean title, new front tires. $1100. Maybe just a fun V6 DD to beat to crap. :P

Auto? I'd pass just because of that since repairs on automatic transmissions aren't cheap and 115K miles could have been run through it without any maintenance. My Miata had the original 1993 transmission fluid in it when I changed it. If it was an automatic it would have been dead...but thankfully it is not. :P

Then again, for $1100, if it runs well it's probably a decent find.

Auto? I'd pass just because of that since repairs on automatic transmissions aren't cheap and 115K miles could have been run through it without any maintenance. My Miata had the original 1993 transmission fluid in it when I changed it. If it was an automatic it would have been dead...but thankfully it is not. :P

Then again, for $1100, if it runs well it's probably a decent find.

I could always just do a T5 swap from a foxbody, they're dirt cheap and compatible. And I like them better than the T45 I had which grinds reverse every damn time. :lol: Also, LOL, 1993 fluid. Did you put it in a glass beaker and turn it in to the Smithsonian? :lol:

I love how you keep talking about swapping major components yet you took your car to the shop for nearly everything you needed done. :lol:

And no, I took the old fluid to Advance to get disposed of properly. It smelled like Satan's asshole and I didn't want to keep it around from the fear of it mutating into something that could kill me in my sleep. :lol:

I love how you keep talking about swapping major components yet you took your car to the shop for nearly everything you needed done. :lol:

And no, I took the old fluid to Advance to get disposed of properly. It smelled like Satan's butthole and I didn't want to keep it around from the fear of it mutating into something that could kill me in my sleep. :lol:

I took it to the shop for the AC. Had almost the entire system redone. Since the car was already there, and I had gotten the part last minute before driving up to school, I had him do it as well, he hardly charged me anything for it. The rest I did on my own, although it was hardly anything. Shifter install, alternator swap, serpentine belt swap, radio swap to a nice Kenwood head, and probably some other crap I forgot about. Nothing major, just half an hour with a wrench. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted it yet, but I did sell my bike and pick up a new daily rider last week.

Thanks to working constantly I haven't been able to do much yet to her, but I did black out the windscreen and pull off the big tacky reflectors on the day I got it. Next I will tint the front turn signals, and paint the silver end cap and heat shields on the cans black to hopefully keep the giant hideous mufflers from standing out so much, then mod the internal baffles to make it sound better until I can afford a proper exhaust. Probably just drill out the holes in the baffle one size larger and see how it sounds. As you can imagine, its pretty much silent not, which can be dangerous on the highway.

Excuse the finger on the side and terrible angle, I didn't take this pic...a friend did with his cell to text to someone and i told him to send it to me too.

2012 ZX-14R in Metallic Spark Black. Eventually going with a Black/Red theme, basically the opposite of my Red/Black ZX6 but with a darker Candle Apple Red instead of a bright red.

rfIt5.jpg?1

Edited by Puck

:blink:

You have a nicer car than many...

True, Waco. And it is nice to drive. Almost as good as my "91 Calais.

But it uses up to a bad 12 miles to the english gallon around my home town. I have driven 5 litre v8s that are better than that. I cant do anything with it. I have to have a mechanic take 2 hours to change the plug wires. In the Calais I just whip the old ones off and whack in 6 new ones. All of 5 minutes.

Please dont ask how I lost the Commodore and got the Ford. The story is to long. Besides, it makes me cry.

I spent about 2 or 3 K dollars on it over 3 yrs and its still only a 1500 dollar trade in.

Bwaahhh hahhh .... I want a v6 Commodore. It is the old Buick/chev motor that has been around for yonks. It was so goo that Holden ditched it and got some alloy v6.

Even the son-in-law's 6 litre 2012 commodore SS gives better fuel eco on the highway and around town.:angry:

I've had about 17 cars in forty years and more than half of them were mistakes and bad choices.

Edited by Cespenar