Gigabyte or MSI 570 GTX or wait ?

tomana

I've been running 2-way SLI with MSI 460 GTX 1GB Cyclones and want to go the one card route. I want a very quiet running card (when under load) and I've been reading about these three ...

Gigabyte GV-N570SO-13I

MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC

ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5

The ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 price is much lower than the other two ... must be a reason ?

I've read that nVidia will hopefully release the kepler series in the first Q of 2012 ... should I go with a 570 GTX or wait ?

My max $$$ to spend is $375 and I'm thinking that the Kepler will cost more than that, when it's first released

Get the Asus probably lower cost just due to maybe a lower factory oc but sure as he'll not lower quality. Of the three cards even if the prices were all equal I would choose the Asus card.

What card do you currently have? Also is there anything that you have that inefiately needs better performance or new games of yours ect.

Edit: Bare in mind the Asus card is a triple slot bohemoth and while it has great cooling performance quiet running and good overclocking you need to have the room for it. What mobo do you have? Would you ever plan on sli?

Edited by Stonerboy779

First priority should be given on Asus, then MSI. Mind that Asus card takes 3 expansion slots. So, if you don't have full tower cabinet & you have some other cards like sound card & you want to go for SLI in future, then MSI should be given highest priority.

$375 for a single card? If you're looking to upgrade to a silent system, then I recommend investing in a GPU only watercooling system. Two universal GPU-only waterblocks will cost $100, then all you need is a 120.1 rad and a pump/reservoir with some tubes. That would be another $115 - $150. You could even use a self-contained rad/pump/res. I used two GTX 460 1GB's with one rad in push/pull and it only got to 47C for the highest temp card. With two Noctua NF-P12's in ULNA (5V), it was virtually silent as well.

This way, in the future, you don't have to worry about what card you get, you can get the cheapest reference card and overclock and out-perform the pricier non-reference cards and have it quieter as well.