Monitor Gone Dark

Avinexis

Hey guys, ran into a bit of a problem.

My monitor backlight has been flickering for a while now. About an hour ago the flickering became pretty intense.

Suddenly the screen completely blacked out, but the power indicator is still blue (It's an Acer X223HQ, the blue light indicates it's still receiving signal, otherwise it'll turn orange)

The issue is, when I power up the monitor again, it displays my screen for maybe 5 seconds (without flickering) and then blacks out again. And if I disconnect it from the computer it displays the "No signal" alert box, and then the power light turns orange.

So it seems the backlight still functions...I can't figure out what's wrong? What do you guys think?

Has it displayed anything at all beyond the 5 second start up or nothing?

The backlight itself could be on the way out, and would be a relatively easy fix if you know your way around a soldering iron.

Has it displayed anything at all beyond the 5 second start up or nothing?

The backlight itself could be on the way out, and would be a relatively easy fix if you know your way around a soldering iron.

I double checked it wasn't the Graphics card output by plugging the monitor into the second DVI output and the problem still persists. However while booting I think it stayed on right up until it loaded into Windows, which is really weird... That's a good 20 - 30 seconds maybe. Then it turned off (because I had my TV set as my main and only monitor). I tried extending the desktop to both the TV and the monitor again and it did the whole 5-seconds-of-life-then-nought thing, but this time with a whole lot of flickering. TV still works fine.

It really seems like the light isn't the problem...At least not the sole problem. It's honestly got me confused. But to be fair I've never had this issue before so I'm blatantly wrong :P

If it flickers and then goes black, it is typically either the inverter like Deathmineral said or the backlight like I said. :P

Okay it seems like both are a relatively easy fix. How would I go about figuring out what the problem is and fixing it? I've never opened up a Monitor before :3

Okay we've opened the monitor up. Not entirely sure what we're looking for but hey. Nothing ventured nothing gained right? :P

Is there anything amiss or burst(ing) or something like that?

Okay we've opened the monitor up. Not entirely sure what we're looking for but hey. Nothing ventured nothing gained right? :P

Was there any real need to open it? :unsure:

Cross check your graphics card along with the monitor you are using.