PC game crashes

Elixer

Ill start with my pc specs

AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz cpu

biostar mcp6pb m2+ motherboard

iCAN PS-200 600W ATX Power Supply http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_442&item_id=035319

2gb 667 ram

8800gt 2 6 pin connecters

500gb sata HD

Dvd rom

Winxp 32bit

Ok, playing cod4 i crashed often or had this graphical error http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/cvo.jpg/.

Before i had a sempron dual core and it would crash the whole pc forcing a reset, upgrading to the Phenom my pc no longer crashes but cod4 does, and some other games.

I have tried many nvidia drivers, also using driver sweeper each time, lowered sound acceleration to basic, I popped in a 8600gt and i no longer have the issue.

I was told the card hasnt been OCd that it is prob my psu, though i have a feeling it is the video card.

I have run Furmark and no crashes or instability or artifacts, highest the temp got using it was 80c. Highest temp in cod4 was 67c.

The issue only seems to be game related, i can watch movies, youtube, facebook no problems.

I downloaded directx.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

I would say the 8800GT is on its way out. I have had 9600GTs that would be fine under everything but gaming. Have you had the ability to check it out in a friends PC?

Sadly, none of my friends are into gaming, so i have no way to test the video card.

It sounds like it could be either of them to be honest, but it wouldn't hurt to replace the psu anyway if you have the money as it looks to be quite bad quality. I had a fairly similar problem with a 4890 and a generic psu, the system would bsod after a couple of minutes in most games but was fine in windows.