Help with CPU cooler

Dimebag2011

Hi, Im a noob in overclocking :biggrin: I own a 2600k and have the stock cooler. I want to go from my current 4Ghz (could reach 4.8Ghz, but it passed the 80°) to 5Ghz. What CPU cooler under 150 american dollars would you recommend?

Excuse me for my bad english, Im from Argentina.

PD: My case is this one but Im on my way to get the Sentey Cyclone GS-7000, which its exactly like the AZZA Hurricane 2000, but the Sentey its cheaper here :lol:

http://www.sentey.com/en_productos_details.php?tipo=Gabinetes&ctg=Deluxe%20Series&prod=ds1-4234

Edited by Dimebag2011

There's no guarantee that your chip can hit 5ghz, but my 2500k can do it on a lower end self contained water cooler.

For your budget you could pick up an h100 which is way better than the asetek cooler I used.

There's no guarantee that your chip can hit 5ghz, but my 2500k can do it on a lower end self contained water cooler.

For your budget you could pick up an h100 which is way better than the asetek cooler I used.

Mmm, i thought about it, but the idea of water doesnt attracts me. But i will keep it in mind. But since I need a place to put the radiator, I dont think the Hurricane 2000 would be the best for that cooler unless i put them on the bottom of it, but im not sure if that would work

Edited by Dimebag2011

Hmm.., well for air coolers the Noctua NH D14 is a beast!

Phantecs PH-TC1PE is supposed to be pretty awesome as well.

I can get the Noctua, but not the Phanteks due to my location ¬¬. Anyways, price?

PD: The phanteks is better, but only for 2°

Edited by Dimebag2011

You will probably need a different case. That one probably wont provide proper air flow for any good over clocking. I wish you would have given us a link to a online store for Argentina so that we could have directed you better.

A a general recommendation, I would say the noctua NH-D14 would probably be your best bet.

If you could give us a link to a Argentinian tech store to shop from that would be great. Also, you might want to think about getting a different case, so whether you want to add money to your budget or divide the 150 USD up would be appreciated.

You will probably need a different case. That one probably wont provide proper air flow for any good over clocking. I wish you would have given us a link to a online store for Argentina so that we could have directed you better.

A a general recommendation, I would say the noctua NH-D14 would probably be your best bet.

If you could give us a link to a Argentinian tech store to shop from that would be great. Also, you might want to think about getting a different case, so whether you want to add money to your budget or divide the 150 USD up would be appreciated.

ehm, are you talking about my current piece of . that i call case or the Hurricane 2000?

This is the store where im planning to buy the case. http://www.mhmultihard.com.ar/ Cant give you the page of where I plan to buy the cooler since they dont have any :teehee: its kinda of a shopping centre of computer stuff

Edited by Dimebag2011

If you did go with one of the self contained water coolers the rad could be put in the rear fan area. It could however be rather tight with the psu installed so maybe not.

Here is a link to the cases they have online atleast. My spanish sucks, but I can get by a lil. They do have some nice cases there imo.