A few pics of my other hobbie

dling

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm in the same hobby/addiction. I have a 75g with a 20L sump that has been running since June. I have some fish (clown, chromis, coral beauty, cardinal and two gobies) along with inverts. Very rewarding hobby if you ask me and I can just stare at my tank all day ;)

post-28519-0-08227900-1324272749_thumb.jpg

post-28519-0-04511300-1324272881_thumb.jpg

Do you just use chaeto, or are there other macro algaes that can be used? I've gotta say, even your refugium looks good :).

I do have cheato algae. Thats what the light is there for. I run it opposite the main tank lighting to help reduce nitrates. ;)

Hey, I'm in the same hobby/addiction. I have a 75g with a 20L sump that has been running since June. I have some fish (clown, chromis, coral beauty, cardinal and two gobies) along with inverts. Very rewarding hobby if you ask me and I can just stare at my tank all day ;)

Very nice. I had a 65g before but I travel for work and my hobby became wife's hobby. So I got rid of it for the 20L. BTW addiction is right. I also find myself staring at all the different life in there. Its AWESOME.

I only have two fish now . A tail spot blenny and a tomato clown. I am planning on getting a royal gramma next weekend. I mostly like the corals. Wanting to get more sps.

Edited by dling

I had all the stuff for my saltwater setup but decided against it. I had a 50 gal (it might of only been a 47ish gal) take that I was going to do a small saltwater tank in. I never got around to setting it up so I just sold the stuff...

Edited by greengiant912

I had all the stuff for my saltwater setup but decided against it. I had a 50 gal (it might of only been a 47ish gal) take that I was going to do a small saltwater tank in. I never got around to setting it up so I just sold the stuff...

Sorry to hear about the little salt. I had a 10g and 20L set up at the same time but it was to much trouble so I took down the 10g. I love the 20L it's a good size for me.

Cool! I live with my sister and she doesn't want aquariums in her house, which is a shame because I love seeing aquatic life in aquariums. I think your fishes were camera shy in a few of the pics. :)

I only have two fish currently. They stay kinda hidden most of the time. I wil be getting one more tomorrow. Hopefully the new one will not be as shy.

Maybe you could talk your sister into letting you have a little 10g in your room :thumbsup:

Edited by dling

Sorry to hear about the little salt. I had a 10g and 20L set up at the same time but it was to much trouble so I took down the 10g. I love the 20L it's a good size for me.

Yeah I really wanted to do it, I had all the salt, coral, pumps, tank, stand, etc brand new. I paid about $250 for the whole setup at a company that was going out of business. I was still living at home and didn't want to move it and stuff, so I ended up just selling the stuff. I was going to put live rock in it, two clowns, and a few other fish that I forget now...

I might try again someday, when I have a bigger place..

Very nice. I had a 65g before but I travel for work and my hobby became wife's hobby. So I got rid of it for the 20L. BTW addiction is right. I also find myself staring at all the different life in there. Its AWESOME.

I only have two fish now . A tail spot blenny and a tomato clown. I am planning on getting a royal gramma next weekend. I mostly like the corals. Wanting to get more sps.

Yeah, I had mainly softies (mushrooms, polyps and xenia) but just recently picked up some SPS frags...lol it never ends :)