VGA Awards

VaporX

Skyrrim took home game of the year and best RPG, both well deserved. Batman took best Action game and Adaptation. I was kind of confused however by MW3 winning shooter of the year, did the people voting for this even play the other games? Legend of Zelda was the first game put in the VGA Hall of Fame, again well deserved and Blizzard won an award called Gamer God. This was a joke since Blizzard did not have a game out in time for the awards they had to give them something I guess.

Why the heck is Portal 2 even in the Best Multiplayer catagory and why did it win? It's a co-op game.

===========

Metal Gear Solid is forever ruined. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is just wrong. A hack-n-slash MSG is a no-no. Even the music in the trailer reminds me of Dynasty Warriors. I wonder how stealth will even play a role in this game.

Here are all the game trailers.

Who is singing the song in the BioShock trailer?

The girl in "The Last of Us" looks like Ellen Page and it sort of reminds me of I Am Legend at the end.

Rainbow 6 Patriots, BioShock Infinite, and Diablo 3 are looking good.

Fortnite looks like it might be some kind of tower defense / survival fps vs zombies.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Skyrrim took home game of the year and best RPG, both well deserved. Batman took best Action game and Adaptation. I was kind of confused however by MW3 winning shooter of the year, did the people voting for this even play the other games? Legend of Zelda was the first game put in the VGA Hall of Fame, again well deserved and Blizzard won an award called Gamer God. This was a joke since Blizzard did not have a game out in time for the awards they had to give them something I guess.

The awards were a lot better than last years and previous years. In reality though the Spike TV VGAs are meaning less. In fact most GOTY awards are meaningless, as there are so many organizations out there that do them, that eventually everyone who made a halfway decent game will end up winning some award of some kind.

The only reason I watched tonight was to see some of the new games.

Metal Gear Rising looks ruined, to be honest when I first saw the game a few years ago I thought it looked amazing. Now it seems like they japaneizified it... I never played any of the MGS games, but from what I have heard they are kinda slow... I was excited to see a japanese developer make a game that seemed to appeal to people like me who like a faster game... Now however they just turned it into a JRPG...

Its a breath of fresh air to see a studio taking a more relaxed and fun approach, like Epic is doing with their next game. I am looking forward to reading more about their new game...

Bioware, and Command and Conquer eh? I don't even think that Bioware can save that failed franchise. I used to be a hardcore CnC fan, but the games have been pretty lame the past few installments. They have lacked balancing, and long term support, EA gives up on them to quickly. If this is to succede they need to put care into balancing like Blizzard dose for their RTS'... Oh yeah and support it as long as people are playing it. The first Generals they dropped the support pretty early into the products life...

Blizzards award was well worth it. I think Spike was trying to create a lifetime achievement award of some kind, the wanted to do one for a video game, and then of course a studio... I think Blizzard was a pretty good choice, maybe not the best but still they are well deserving of an award that honors the history of the studio. Not many studios who started up in the late 80's and early 90s are around today. Bethesda, id, Blizzard, Valve, Epic, are really the only few that come to mind right now. Most studios were bought out by the big publishers and assimilated into the parent company..

As much as I hate what COD has become, the fact remains it still sells, and it sells millions of copies without even trying... Do I think COD is worthy of a Shooter of the Year award? Not really, ,there were so many new and innovative games this year that could of taken that spot. Its just like how I wouldn't nominiate Madden for a GOTY award...

It sucks when you create a game early in the year, great and innovative games like LA Noire and the seem to be forgotten...

Edited by greengiant912

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Spike-TV-Best-game-Awards-Video-game-awards-Winners,14239.html

Results simple view

MW3 best shooter? BF3 destroys that game. Makes me sick, this game sucks. I knew skyrim would win. At least uncharted 3 got best ps3 game. Portal 2 best PC game? nah.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Prefix: multi- Resembling, pertaining to many or many things.

Do you ever hear people saying multiple when only referring to two? No. So how can Portal 2 be called multi-player if it only has 2 players. It's a Co-Op Game!

Singleplayer/Campaign = 1 player

Co-Op = Players vs AI

Multiplayer = PvP

capturehja.jpg

Now after seeing something you see every week in Battlelog titled Co-Op would you petition DICE to rename it to Multiplayer too? It has two players like Portal 2 so it MUST BE multiplayer.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Prefix: multi- Resembling, pertaining to many or many things.

Do you ever hear people saying multiple when only referring to two? No. So how can Portal 2 be called multi-player if it only has 2 players. It's a Co-Op Game!

Singleplayer/Campaign = 1 player

Co-Op = Players vs AI

Multiplayer = PvP

capturehja.jpg

Now after seeing something you see every week in Battlelog titled Co-Op would you petition DICE to rename it to Multiplayer too? It has two players like Portal 2 so it MUST BE multiplayer. :rolleyes:

semantics. I don't care enough to petition them over something that doesn't matter.. I also don't think it's an insult to win the best Multiplayer game of the year like you seem to think even for a "Co-Op" game. (I still believe it qualifies, and deserves to win the award)

Edited by _TheAlexO