XL ATX Case Recommendation

Some of the new socket 2011 motherboards I'm considering are designed on the XL ATX specification. I'm wondering if any of you are using a XL ATX board yet, and if so what case you chose. My main interest here isn't just in cases that clearly advertise they are XL ATX compatible, but cases that might be, but aren't noted as such.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CM HAF X

Antec P280

Antec 1100

Rosewill Thor V2

Lan Li PC-P80

Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra

Cm Storm Trooper

Silvertstone TJ11

Xigmatek Elysium

Lan Li PC-P90

LIAN LI PC-Z70B

LIAN LI PC-V2120B

Personally I would grab the Silverstone or Lan Li cases

Yeah, XL ATX is a larger sized motherboard.

And the TJ11 is actually a gorgeous case, you can fit dual 560x140mm radiators in the bottom alone, so it is a water-cooling beast. Not to mention the dual PSU's, the sleek design, tons of drive bays. My only reservations on that case are the price and those holes where the dust covers are, though I'm sure you could mod those out with sliding mesh covers or something like that.

Edited by NikoDG

Can't see myself spending over 3 bills on a case :(

Should have also mentioned some of my must haves................

Side window (LH side)

Minimum of 5 5.25" drive bays

W/C friendly

Preferably no doors on the front, and if it has a door it must open to the right or be interchangeable

Does this make it more challenging? :)

Probably end up with an ATX sized socket 2011 board then, but really had my eye on a certain Gigabyte offering. Oh well.

XL-ATX has no standard size, Gigabyte and EVGA both have their own take on it. If you wanna know more look in the ATX article on Wikipedia.

This

For the most part the xl atx boards are for either quad cards or extra chipset cooling. And with the quad cards they need 9 expansion slots and up.