1. 1. Which GPU should I buy?

• MSI Radeon HD 6950 R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC
    • MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, I'm entirely fed up with AMD drivers. Since I switched from a 1090T to a 2500k (soon to be 2700k through a trade), every fail overclock causes me to have to fix Windows, boot into Safe Mode with the iGPU, delete AMD drivers, boot into Windows again, install AMD drivers, regedit, and then reboot while switching back into dGPU. Every time.

I'm ready to sell these HD 6970's, even if they do overclock well, they're not worth the hassle. Not to mention performance drops over the last couple of driver updates. :(

At the moment, I'm entirely fed up with AMD drivers. Since I switched from a 1090T to a 2500k (soon to be 2700k through a trade), every fail overclock causes me to have to fix Windows, boot into Safe Mode with the iGPU, delete AMD drivers, boot into Windows again, install AMD drivers, regedit, and then reboot while switching back into dGPU. Every time.

I'm ready to sell these HD 6970's, even if they do overclock well, they're not worth the hassle. Not to mention performance drops over the last couple of driver updates. :(

Wow those are a lot of problems. I have had mine for a month or two and I've been happy with them. They dont give me any problems more than my previous 580s .

But single cards shouldn't give any problems.

I'd still go with the 6950. That TF cooler will allow it to oc very high and that extra VRAM will definately help. Plus Dirt 3 is awesome too.

Wow those are a lot of problems. I have had mine for a month or two and I've been happy with them. They dont give me any problems more than my previous 580s .

But single cards shouldn't give any problems.

I'd still go with the 6950. That TF cooler will allow it to oc very high and that extra VRAM will definately help. Plus Dirt 3 is awesome too.

Extra vram? :O