650D with H80 or H100?

klokan

Hi. My setup come, but i will change it due overclocking. I need a advice.

picture down below.

First i will change xfx550 for xfx750

Second: what cooler to buy H80 or H100?

If H80: H80 push pull on rear as exhaust, top intake front intake

If H100: H100 top of case as exhaust, rear and front as intake

I would like to be quiet and good OC performances

p.s. if H100, i will not making push pull

2myrznt.jpg

H100 with the rear being the exhaust. The heat from the psu and the video card will be sucked back in if the rear is set to an intake so I would do all of the upper case fans as exhaust.

Don't mean to cause a commotion, but what about the XSPC rasa 240 water cooling kit? It is a 240 rad. kit with a FULL loop, meaning it is not one of those crappy half a$$ kits where the rad. is integrated with the pump. Full water cooling has its own challenges, but it gives you WAYYY better cooling then a plain H100.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Kill_Coil.html?tl=g30c321s1310

With rebate on the H100 it is about $110 and the kit is 20 bucks more. If I were spending that much money, I would go for the full water cooling loop. What is really nice about it, is that if you need better cooling is that instead of going out and buying a whole new heat sink, you can just upgrade the radiator. To me it is a much smarter investment since the H100 is not a good cooler for the price. For about 20-30 bucks less the Nh-D14 can sometimes even out perform the H100 and it is totally silent. I think the H100 would be better for aesthetics considering you have a windowed case (also want to add, GREAT CASE!!!!! I love the obsidian series), but other than that it is still a pretty useless investment. I think the only way it would be smart to purchase an H100 is if you get it for about 95 bucks. I think that is a far more reasonable price point than 120 or 110 after rebate.

So to sum it up, if you have the money, go with a full water cooling loop. If you don't have the money, then go with the noctua Nh-D14 or the NZXT havick (or however you spell it), but if you can at all avoid the H100, I would recommend you do so simply because of the unreasonable price point. I am fairly positive this will start another flame war, so let me end by saying, every one is entitled to their own opinion. I am right, just as much as any one else supporting the H100 is right. It is simply nothing more than a personal approach, which gives the OP just a little something extra to think about. Nothing more, so please no flame wars :biggrin:

Hey there. Just one note. The swiftech kits that offer the pump and Rad combo are most definatly not sucky and are a great solution for smaller cases. I used the parts from the kit plus different fans and vohla I was able to cool a gtx480 and my i7 920 at both manageable temps. 4.0ghz on the proc and 900-1800-2100 gpu clocks. If I upgraded to the better triple radiator I would go to say I could cool a pair of 480s in sli but that would be to find out another day. Only trouble is they are more expensive Then the radar kit. Just another note sidewindercomputers.com has a special going on for the triple radiator combo for CHEAP. But if you decide to get the rasa kit then I would get some different tubing. The 1/2 by 5/8 they include is junk and would be better suited for rubbish then a computer. Everything else in the kit is spot on for the price.

My thoughts. Boinker