600W enough for i7-2700k

or for an alternate option: Corsair HX750 is also good.

As for your i7-2700K deal, its more than awesome. I'm still searching for one friend of mine who works at Intel retail shop and don't need that chip. :P

Neg on the 600W OCZ ModXStream Pro. It has 2 x 25 amp rails and if ya load 1 rail up it will not last. I would look at a PSU of 750W with 1 large rail IMO.

Edited by Drdeath

^^ Depends on different products & 80+ certification.

+1.... You have to look at how many amps and how many rails. Pushing a PSU over 55% IMO gets riskyer and riskyer the higher % you push it. Get to 75%-90% and the PSU would probably have a short lifespan. IMO always better yo go a bit larger as upgrades in the fuure are unpredictable hence a good quality 750W with his rig.80+ means it is good but load it up and even a high q PSU may not last long.

Edited by Drdeath

even a high q PSU may not last long.

^^ Lifetime of any high-end PSUs are generally same & long enough not to cause any trouble to the rig builder is used carefully. I heard a few complaints like PSU had gone bad after 1-2 days of use. Those scenarios are completely different & generally involving the don't care attitude of user or defective PSU. For exaple everyone can see some of the feedbacks about Corsair AX1200 in newegg.