A question for the aussies

Prunes

To cut right to the chase, I want to go study in Australia. I don't completely know why, but it's partly because I don't want to go to America and I want it to be an English speaking country. Nothing against the Americans.

So what I'd like to know is what university I should choose. I have found some that will enable me to get some financial support from Denmark (my home country), because they're recognized by the Danish Government.

I'm going to study either business or information technology. Hopefully those combined. List below will be the different universities. They all have the degrees I'd like to study and are payable + they offer scholarships for international students:

Deakin University

Monash University

Swinburne University of Technology

The University of New South Wales

The University of Sydney

I've never been in Australia, so I have no idea what areas are good, but I'd like it to be near Sydney or Melbourne, because it's cheaper to fly there. In case my parents or friends should want to visit. I'd be happy to provide further information, if needed. :)

Monash Uni mate Clayton campus already done a year there in my final year of year 12.

Both Swinburne and Deakin are considered considerably cheaper. And nsw who wants to go there :lol:

Either way I was studying accounting at monash two subjects in that year and I can tell you that their facilities and entire section of accounting/commerce/business is great. As to IT I have been to one of the computer labs and cant remember if i was impressed or not, however their libray PCs like most libraries suck :lol: however as they have recently finished yet another upgrade project who knows what they will invest in next.

Well, Monash's website looked pretty nice too and the prices were decent.

I guess, I'll try to contact the uni to learn about the procedures required for international students. And then it's time to get some scholarships :)

:thx:

Well, Monash's website looked pretty nice too and the prices were decent.

I guess, I'll try to contact the uni to learn about the procedures required for international students. And then it's time to get some scholarships :)

:thx:

No problem, although I think for the IT courses it was Caulfield Campus that you will find them all at.

I have to start looking at my scholarships too soon off to uni tomorrow in fact to find out more.