Starship Troopers Remake in the Works

bp9801

I'll be honest and might even anger a few people on here, but I honestly thought Avatar was not that great. I don't understand how it is the best selling movie. Something like Star Wars(original ones) completely knocks it down in most aspects except special effects. Then again people these days seem to be fascinated by special effects and don't care much about story.

There are still some average movies being rolled out, but mostly they are crap.

I agree avatar was overrated as are a lot of films and especially 3d it was a nice gimmick but it's old now.

Remakes are also the reason I hardly watch tv now. There is nothing good on. There is a large portion of things that are remake or rerun with most everything else being a carbon copy of whatever the last good thing was from one station. Then this will be dragged out by all srations for a few series. ATM it's cooking and renovation shows :pfp:

People need to be original and not try and steal or copy from what was done right in the past.

I have seen very few remakes I could stand.

I want something new, anything new.

If they do Starship troopers more like the book then I will be excited about seeing it. If however they do another teenybopper T/A flick that is about crap then no thanks. I was actually saddened by the first movies. The book iks amazing and woiuld be a great movie as it is. It was sad to see a piece of classic scifi literature butchered so.

I'll be honest and might even anger a few people on here, but I honestly thought Avatar was not that great. I don't understand how it is the best selling movie. Something like Star Wars(original ones) completely knocks it down in most aspects except special effects. Then again people these days seem to be fascinated by special effects and don't care much about story.

There are still some average movies being rolled out, but mostly they are crap.

Avatar had a decent story, but the CGI was definitely the star and was the only movie where 3D actually added to the experience, IMO. I don't understand why you're comparing it to Star Wars....why, because they're both sci-fi? If any movie is overrated, it's the Star Wars films. People think a lot of the acting and dialog was awful in the prequels, but it's just as bad in the originals, if not worse. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed all six...I just don't see why people are so nostalgically jaded when it comes to Star Wars like they epitomize perfection.

Just watched this the other day so it is fresh. This is a so bad its good movie. This is a classic and should be left alone. Hollywood really needs to start finding some original thoughts again.

Loved the first movie, and thought the sequels were OK. I, personally, will be interested in what they do with a new version.

I don't feel a remake takes anything away from the original: I mean, the original isn't over-written or anything; it still exists to enjoy.

As someone mentioned, a version truer to the original book I think would be very nice to see (I am talking to you, I Am Legend).

Robert A. Heinlein has been one of my favorite authors since I was 10 or 11. I was so excited when I heard they were making Starship Troopers into a movie and then greatly disappointed when they made such a travesty of Heinlein's book. It was an entertaining flick but was totally off base from the ideas and concepts in the book. If they remake it following the book much more closely, hopefully as close as they did when the made The Puppetmasters, then it will be worth watching.