What's a good mouse pad to get?

Stealth3si

What's a good "bang-for-the-buck" mouse pad to get?

I want a cloth pad to match with another mouse pad that has wrist support. I have a Logitech G500 and I work on applications, internet browsing, etc, no gaming,

The surface on my existing pad is not smooth enough for my needs. Too much friction. I put the mouse on the back of a hardcover book that has a glossy finish and the movement is smooth as silk. But this isn't practical because it's not a mouse pad.

I was thinking of getting a Steelseries Qck Mini. Is it good?

What's a good "bang-for-the-buck" mouse pad to get?

I want a cloth pad to match with another mouse pad that has wrist support. I have a Logitech G500 and I work on applications, internet browsing, etc, no gaming,

The surface on my existing pad is not smooth enough for my needs. Too much friction. I put the mouse on the back of a hardcover book that has a glossy finish and the movement is smooth as silk. But this isn't practical because it's not a mouse pad.

I was thinking of getting a Steelseries Qck Mini. Is it good?

My experience with cloth pads is they dont last. i have a razor destructor and feels great with my Microsoft x8 mouse

Make your own. I had the same problem as you, and I hate cloth pads. The come apart and its just a nightmare. What I did was I got a bunch of card board boxes and I cut out squares about the size of a dinner plate. I hammered them all out so they were flimsy, but dense. I glued about 10 or so of the squares together until I felt like the cardboard would not bend. Then I sanded the cardboard square into more of an ergonomic design. Then I coated the thing in some black carbon fiber. I had some left over rubber stoppers from home depot and I put those on the bottom to prevent it from moving around. Lastly, I used some memory foam and some black spandex that I got from a local craft stores garbage bin. No I didn't dumpster dive, they have a collective bin of scrap material in case some one (like me) needs something small and quick. I fashioned a wrist rest and glued it on. The whole thing cost me about 5 dollars since I already had most of the stuff and all I had to do was buy the carbon fiber. I have since thrown it out since I do not use a desk any more, but it lasted me 7 years! No nicks dings or scratches, and most importantly NO RIPPED CLOTH!.

Since you want a cloth mouse pad that has less friction when you move your mouse and you aim for smooth as silk surface, you won't be disappointed with this one:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/surfaces/cs_x_battle_pad_dp/

the smaller version (but also has a tad more friction):

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/surfaces/cs_s_battle_pad_h2/

You can check them out in a store, touch them with your fingers, you'll be surprised at the smoothness of the surface. They don't slip on your desk, and they won't get destroyed quickly even though they are cloth mouse pads, because the surface is heat-treated. They are not too expensive, so in a sense, they have quite the bang for your buck.

Just my opinion, hope I helpeda bit :)

Oh dude i know the perfect pad for you. Try the Razer Goliathus "Speed" edition. My mouse glides like nothing. Those guys probably just have bad experience with crappy cloth pads or something. There are good cloth surfaces out there :)

The QcK doesnt last long. Mine wore out after a couple months of usage. Was good while it lasted though. It certainly didnt come apart though and i could have still used it, I just have high standards lol

Edited by damian

Oh dude i know the perfect pad for you. Try the Razer Goliathus "Speed" edition. My mouse glides like nothing. Those guys probably just have bad experience with crappy cloth pads or something. There are good cloth surfaces out there :)

The QcK doesnt last long. Mine wore out after a couple months of usage. Was good while it lasted though. It certainly didnt come apart though and i could have still used it, I just have high standards lol

i was considering that but I chose the wowpad for $10 bucks less, which is perfect for me.

in reference to cloth pads, I have a SteelSeries QcK+ that I have had for going on 3 years. I clean it off with soap and water every 6 months and keep it all the way on my desk and I have had no problems. It really is a nice surface. Before that I had a SteelSeries S+S and it was also amazing. Seriously, one of the nicest mouse surfaces I own. I now use it at work :)