The Hive

Muchoman1

I am curious why back to front and not front to back? The reason I ask is the exhaust is traditionally the nosier air flow spot and having it at the back would move it farther from you.

I am curious why back to front and not front to back? The reason I ask is the exhaust is traditionally the nosier air flow spot and having it at the back would move it farther from you.

well a couple of things, having it back to front means that the air filters are at the back, this is purely a cosmetic advantage for the front, as you will be able to see the nice fan blades through the stainless steel custom made grill at the front.

a second thing is that due to the water temp, the air exiting the desk will be only slightly above ambient.

about the noise, there will be almost no noise from the whole system. the hdds are quiet models, the fans are silent type fans, the pumps are quiet and are in a noise absorbing box, everything is watercooled except the psus, which are getting mounted in the legs, with noise absorbing foam on them, and ax1200s are quiet already.

so guys, the sr-x specs have been released, and the waterblock for the board will follow shortly after it begins to sell.

due to insane prices in australia, i am buying most of my parts from newegg and getting them to ship it to frozen cpu, who will then package it with my lc stuff and ship it to me.

here is a pic of the board

270-SE-W888-KR_XL_5.jpg

as you can see it will need 3 waterblocks for the mobo, and many others for the ram and cpus

sr-xflow.jpg

here is the proposed loop. i am splitting the output of the d5 into 3, one for the top ram, one for the vrms and cpus, then one for the bottom ram and mobo, then rejoining the tubes once again inside the desk, before going to the rad then back to the res

any thoughts on a better way of doing this? im open to suggestions

Running all that with one pump seems a bit odd. Parallel loops only work well when each loop has the same flow restrictions so you avoid starving a more restrictive path.

If anything I'd run two pumps in series and run a single path or run three seperate pumps for the three loops.

I am with waco one path and two pumps for extra head pressure to make it through.

Then if you grab bitspower rotary compression fittings and run a series of gentle loops it would look the best.

alright then, can one of you guys do up a diagram like i did showing the single loop path? cause when i tried it got into a huge mess

I honestly don't think the single loop is the best idea after thinking about it more. That's a LOT of restriction. The issue is really that you have too many blocks...

I'd do three pumps with three paths. It's not worth having one of the loops be limited in cooling because the other loops are less restrictive.

EDIT: You might be able to get away with one pump for the mobo/RAM and one for the CPUs. That'd probably be easier to route too.

I honestly don't think the single loop is the best idea after thinking about it more. That's a LOT of restriction. The issue is really that you have too many blocks...

I'd do three pumps with three paths. It's not worth having one of the loops be limited in cooling because the other loops are less restrictive.

EDIT: You might be able to get away with one pump for the mobo/RAM and one for the CPUs. That'd probably be easier to route too.

its looking like a mess of tubing everywhere, i like the straight across path for the cpus and vrms, then there is the top ram and bottom ram/mobo left. is it possible to have the ram and ram+mobo loops in parallel on one pump? and how would i join all 3 streams up to go to the rad? just a 4 way splitter?

its looking like a mess of tubing everywhere, i like the straight across path for the cpus and vrms, then there is the top ram and bottom ram/mobo left. is it possible to have the ram and ram+mobo loops in parallel on one pump? and how would i join all 3 streams up to go to the rad? just a 4 way splitter?

Same paths you have currently and split before pumps and join after mobo with y connectors. To make it smoother than a 4 way splitter you will need two either side.

It should be possible but it wouldn't be too good for your chipset cooling. Water will have the greatest flow where there is the least resistance which just so happens to be going through only two ram block... Can you even get a 2 dimm ram waterblock? never seen them myself.