NVIDIA 285.62 driver unstable?

Miek

i thought you're at BETA(285.79) capi, just what i saw with your benchies at your new 30" monitor thread.

anyways, good for you if you're not pissed with this :wacko: issue.

Well, my main rig has no problems. However, my bro's rig was using 285.62 with no issues with the GTX 570's in SLI, but after I upgraded his 2500K to a 2600K (which is at 4.7GHz stable at 1.35V in BIOS, or 1.336V - 1.344V), the driver keeps crashing. I even updated using the previous driver. There has to be some hardware problem, or some other software causing the installation of the drivers from working properly. :dunno:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that takes away my worries at least that it's on my hardware/s side causing those mind boggling crashes. i'm about to call my retail store where i got my 560Ti :glare:

found out that even Nvidia's forums was bombarded with such sort of issues, it was noted with the 400~500 series cards. Nvidia seems deaf regarding with that matter :whistling:

I've been using the 290.32 with my Asus GTX 560 Ti, which is midly overclocked. And I get those once or twice every other day or so. Primarily while gaming, but occasionally while browsing too.

So Bosco, I'm not sure whether the beta versions work. However, the newest version - 290.53 - might have fixed some of it.

Maybe some "edge of stability" issues with 2D/3D voltages set in the gpu BIOS (especially on factory overclocked cards)? Just a thought.

I know on my last set of GTX 460s and this current set of GTX 570s that the BIOS programmed voltages are right on the edge of making the card function properly at the advertised clocks.

• 4 weeks later...

last noted crashes(285.62) : January 15th then followed by another one 3 days ago, still lucky enough as compared to others having everyday random crashes.

and hey, i was prompted by Nvidia with their latest WHQL driver (295.73) release.

downloading it ATM, hope it fixes everything :whistling::dunno:

Dont know about you guys but i have a similar problem and i need to fix it NOW.So,the prob is this.When i boot up my computer sometimes it goes fine.But when i play WoW or enything by that mater even if a watch youtube for like 30 min my screen just like rainbows out.Lots of colours come up to my screen cuputer freezes and i hvae to restart nothing is working i dont know if shuld i delete all the drivers or just the envidia 285.6x thingy or all encluding 3d and stuff.And if i delete all hte drivers i will use driver sweeper but i am scared i have to format it so pls give me some thoughts ok? Runin nvidia gforce 450 GTS.Ow and if its a hardware problem tell me ok. Sinsierly

Marin

Dont know about you guys but i have a similar problem and i need to fix it NOW.So,the prob is this.When i boot up my computer sometimes it goes fine.But when i play WoW or enything by that mater even if a watch youtube for like 30 min my screen just like rainbows out.Lots of colours come up to my screen cuputer freezes and i have to restart nothing is working i dont know if shuld i delete all the drivers or just the envidia 285.6x thingy or all encluding 3d and stuff.And if i delete all the drivers i will use driver sweeper but i am scared i have to format it so pls give me some thoughts ok? Runin nvidia gforce 450 GTS.Ow and if its a hardware problem tell me ok. Sinsierly

Marin