Recent books

iskout

I just finished up the last of The Hunger Games (I started it when the series first came out, but didn't know the third book came out last year). I have to say it might be the most disturbing and jumbled series of books that I've actually LIKED. I would imagine that reading some of the sections of this book is something like what being an unmedicated schizophrenic would be like.

So, anyone else read any books they feel like sharing? Or do you guys not read anymore?

I'm a fast reader, but just haven't had time, lately.

I just read Michael Lewis's "The Big Short", and now reading his book, "Boomerang" while I commute.

I also just received George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" books 1-4 set (I read Game of Thrones when it first came out, and the last book of his I read was Book 3, which was like 6 or 7 years ago?). I'm going to re-read books 2 and 3 before reading 4 and 5 (I just bought the latest 5th book when it was on sale).

I don't get nearly as much time to read for pleasure anymore because of class, but I've been reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. If you can get over the HORRIBLE translation problems they're pretty good books.

I don't get nearly as much time to read for pleasure anymore because of class, but I've been reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. If you can get over the HORRIBLE translation problems they're pretty good books.

Yeah, I tried to read it. I thought it sounded awesome, but the way it's translated drives me insane.

The Great Santini(read it last year for school) was a pretty good book.

A Game of Thrones is a good little series of books(Watched all the episodes and just started the books)

The Warcraft War of the Ancients trilogy is awesome as well. (The Well of Eternity, The Demon Soul, The Sundering)

Just finished Stephen kings dark tower series cant beleive I hadnt come back to finish the last few chapter.for nearly three years :s

Been meaning to start reading the next three books writen by frank herberts son along with Kevin Anderson. That is the continuation of more books spurred on from dune.

Currently reading Robert ludlums the holcroft covenant.

Every computer geek, gamer and/or kid of the '90s should read "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. :P

By far my favorite series ever. I even enjoyed Xenocide and Children of the Mind.

I don't get much time to read things I enjoy, but I'm currently reading Howard Zinn's The People's History of the United States. It's the greatest historical account of US History that I've ever read, because it's not written from the view of the policymakers, it's written from the view of the common person. It explains how US policies affected the average American, or in cases of international policy, how it affected those around the world. You can actually read this book online for free here: http://www.historyis...leshistory.html

One book that I finished up a few months ago that I really liked was Into that Darkness by Gitta Sereny. It's an account of the life of Franz Stangl, who served as the commander of Sobibor and Treblinka during WWII, and his trial after the war. This book reveals a lot of surprising things about these camps and the guards that served there.

I know, I don't read anything that you guys would be interested in.

Hmm, don't read as much as i used to or as much as i'd like. Currently reading the cantabury tales, then i think the next thing on my shelf is Uncle Toms Cabin, reading a lot of old literature. Which reminds me, i recently read, or tried to read Smollets translation of Don Quioxte, great book but waaaay to slow, gonna have to find a abreviation to discover the full story.