Looking for New PC,Art,discspace,ram,downloading

dorothybueeyes

Dear Forum: I hope this is the right one,I am looking for a new PC; middle range price,and for art, discspace, multimedia (no games,just movies) downloads,email, ect.,and Outlook Express 6. Yes. I have been recommended in reviews, HP Pavillion, Gateway, and Dell. I have an old compaq presario, 11 years, very satisfied with it. Let me know,I need windows 7, too. thanks.

You've been recommended pre-builts? Are you considering building yourself?

And no need to play with the color I am on my iPod but imagin that purple would be hard to read off the blue background of the full site.

Oh and finally, budget?

if you are happy with a 11 years old computer we can certainly find something better for you.

How much do you want to spend? if you don't want gaming you could easily land on less than 500$ with top performance for around 1000$. but the 500$ one will be as powerful as a 1500$ prebuilt one.

i had a couple HP laptops that were smaller but have a swivel and touchscreen

was AMAZING for art, never had as much fun, destroys using a digital canvas (pad style)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't throw good money down the drain. All those pre built computers from big companys like ACER, DELL, Gateway, and HP are pure junk. I would get the PowerSpec B632. Just meat and potatoes. Comes with Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i5 2310, 1TB drive, 4Gb of memory and more goodies. All for $500. Great deal. Will meet your needs and has room for plenty of growth.

Todays PC can offer alot for little.

Don't throw good money down the drain. All those pre built computers from big companys like ACER, DELL, Gateway, and HP are pure junk.

BS. Prebuilts from major companies are often extremely hard to beat in cost/performance and ease of use.

If the OP is happy with a prebuilt from 11 years ago they'll be happy with pretty much any machine out there. Any Dell, Gateway, HP, etc will do just fine.

BS. Prebuilts from major companies are often extremely hard to beat in cost/performance and ease of use.

If the OP is happy with a prebuilt from 11 years ago they'll be happy with pretty much any machine out there. Any Dell, Gateway, HP, etc will do just fine.

Agreed, I could build all of my relatives a custom computer but guiding them through a pre-built rig purchase is soo much easier.

;)

LOL, this is why I feel for noobs. Both Waco and Andrew05 disagree with me and yet they both have a custom PC.

N00B5

Believe it or not some of us don't have any problems with prebuilt PCs. There's more than one type of person in the world...

• 4 weeks later...

since you're happy with a 11 years old pc. pc from target, wal-mart, best buy, etc. will work just fine.