win 7 start in 57 sec with kingston hyperx 240g ssd

chenzhong

ok i just install shogun 2 on my new hyper x ssd 16G took 20 min.there must be something wrong with my ssd.should i contact kingston for a rmd?

because it is under performing? i am sure i am using the 6G sata port on the mobo.

i am using the z68 on board control for my ssd which is the mid port sata port 0 and 1 can some one double check for me please

If you installed of a cd that is normal you have always got to think of the slowest component as that will be slowing you down don't just blame the ssd. Even if you installed it off of files on a HDD it will be slowed down by the speed of the HDD.

An SSD doesn't make other drives faster and will be slower when interacting with them.

That's why I can't transfer files to my USB at over 100Mb/s I am stuck at 5 because that's as fast as the slowest part (the USB) can go.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what about you install 16G of staff onto your ssd to see how long does it take. mine took 20 min.

555MB/s should only take 32 sec.

You can't measure install times like that at all. First, your SSD can't sustain 555 MB/s, even with HUGE files being written to disk. Second, installations do FAR more than just copy files to disk and while you'll see a huge decrease in installation times with an SSD you can't expect to see them install at 500+ MB/s especially when your source HDD or disc can't read that quickly.

Chen,

1. When you loaded the Gigabyte drivers did you auto install everything from the disk or just pick the hardware drivers that you needed. If you plopped the GB install disk in and just let the auto run execute then you've likely installed some of GBs monitoring software that you don't or won't use.

2. Do you see a Marvell chipset initialization when you're booting (before you even get to the Windows load screen?)

3. Finally, disable Steam from auto starting for now and rerun the boot time tests. Any time you open Steam it automatically connects to the internet and the latest Steam client is slow as molasses.

Chen,

1. When you loaded the Gigabyte drivers did you auto install everything from the disk or just pick the hardware drivers that you needed. If you plopped the GB install disk in and just let the auto run execute then you've likely installed some of GBs monitoring software that you don't or won't use.

2. Do you see a Marvell chipset initialization when you're booting (before you even get to the Windows load screen?)

3. Finally, disable Steam from auto starting for now and rerun the boot time tests. Any time you open Steam it automatically connects to the internet and the latest Steam client is slow as molasses.

ya the marvell do initializ from start and how do you disable steam?

You could try it with the generic/standard windows AHCI driver and see if that changes anything. Personally I use the IRST driver and it works swell.

Speaking of AHCI - did you enable that in your BIOS before you installed Windows?

You could try it with the generic/standard windows AHCI driver and see if that changes anything. Personally I use the IRST driver and it works swell.

Speaking of AHCI - did you enable that in your BIOS before you installed Windows?

yes i did i enable it on both control,how do you change to generic windows AHCI driver?

You can do a driver rollback in Device Manager, or completely uninstall IRST drivers from Add/Remove programs and then reboot.

Reboot either way and windows will install the default AHCI driver.

i am bit confused on this one,on my device manager.

the ide ata/atapi controller is intel sata ahci controller

but the storage controller is Marvell 91xx sata 6G controller

does this mean the z68 onboard controller is not 6G?

it gives more info other than the benchmark score, it should also be running on the Intel IRST driver for max speed of the drive. These are around what you should be getting.

post-64728-0-78434100-1317312099_thumb.png

Edited by smduff