Is 750w Enough

Mintyttx

Hey guys I'm gonna build my gaming computer and was wondering if a 750w will be enough for me. I do plan to overclocking my CPU quite high like 4.7 ghz or 4.6 ghz and the psu I choose is 90 % efficient :) and gold certified here are my specs.

i5 2500k, Asus P8P67 Pro, WD Blue 1 TB, MSI GTX 580 twin Frozr II PE/ OC (I do plan to OC), Coolermaster elite 431 plus with side panel, G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 mghz 8 gigs, noctua nh-d14, seasonic x750, and 5 case fans. Am I missing anything? :s

Do you think it'll be enough?? Or do I need a 850w ??

Ooo yeah and the PSU has a single 64 amp rail :)

I agree with Owens. You should be good to go. If you ever decide to add another GTX 580 you'll need to be looking 850 - 950W though.

Was gonna get the 850w version so that I could sli in the future but apparently 850w isn't enough for sli 580's :(, so just went with a 750

Thanks for the reply btw

You're welcome. Since you bought a quality power supply it may hold it's resale value fairly well. Maybe when you add that second GTX 580 you'll get lucky with a good resale price on the 750W and find a new 950W on sale :)

I only run 700W in my main rig and thus far its been more than enough to run a single 6970 and a Core i7 920. Its never let me down so I can assure you 750W is enough. I see people getting these 1KW PSUs all the time and usually for their setups they are extreme overkill.