2 gtx 580 gainward 3gb and 1 palit 3gb wont work in 3 way sli

akis_56

Sorry mate I was on my phone and could no longer see your sig but I thought I had read that you had a Maximus iii so p55 not the rampage iii the x58 chipset you shouldn't have issues getting 3-way sli working unless asus has set it up to only work in a way sli bridges can't reach.

i dont know man , i will disconect it , put it in my basement . :(

i have dissapointed to much .

thank you all guys for your help, i really appreciate this!

Edited by akis_56

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that you haven't had any luck. I'm having a hard time putting all the pieces together. The printed owners manual you have says one thing about PCIe slot population, the online manual that I looked at yesterday says another. But it's clear that you would have to use slots 1,2 & 3 for the included 3-way SLi bridge to work. According to your previous posts you've already tested each PCIe slot individually, and each video card individually and they all work in single or 2-SLi configuration so I'm completely stumped. Your power supply should be more than adequate, and the only question that I didn't see answered was whether you had both auxillary power 4-pin molex plugs attached to the board.

Well, on bright note maybe you could sell the extra GTX 580 card and buy something less expensive for Physx duties only......................?

Sorry that you haven't had any luck. I'm having a hard time putting all the pieces together. The printed owners manual you have says one thing about PCIe slot population, the online manual that I looked at yesterday says another. But it's clear that you would have to use slots 1,2 & 3 for the included 3-way SLi bridge to work. According to your previous posts you've already tested each PCIe slot individually, and each video card individually and they all work in single or 2-SLi configuration so I'm completely stumped. Your power supply should be more than adequate, and the only question that I didn't see answered was whether you had both auxillary power 4-pin molex plugs attached to the board.

Well, on bright note maybe you could sell the extra GTX 580 card and buy something less expensive for Physx duties only......................?

hello man ,

yes i have connect the 2 power 4-pin molex on the board

i now have 275.33

and first card palit

and second-thirtd gainward

it will go go 3 way sli fine (one monitor)

surround i am able to get but if i rearange the monitors then thes same problems

so i changed the screen dvi's and put them in the right order manually

i try 280.26 and

only 3 way sli possible with one monitor

surround not responding at all

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Do you have two monitors connected via DVI to card number 1 and the third monitor connected to card number 2? Or some other arrangement? Are you sure that all of your DVI cables are dual link?

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Do you have two monitors connected via DVI to card number 1 and the third monitor connected to card number 2? Or some other arrangement?

when you want to make surround with 3 cards it says to you to put each dvi to each card

You keep avoiding answering my question about the type of DVI cable you're using.........................

Are you using dual link dvi cables for all three? If so, in the nVidia control panel do you have spanning enabled and does the control panel show that you have all three monitors connected?

You keep avoiding answering my question about the type of DVI cable you're using.........................

Are you using dual link dvi cables for all three? If so, in the nVidia control panel do you have spanning enabled and does the control panel show that you have all three monitors connected?

what you mean dual dvi i cant understand i use somethimg like this is a greek site

http://www.plaisio.gr/Sound-Vision/Home-Cinema/accessories/Home-Cinema-Cables/Turbo-X-Dvi-Dual-Link-M-M-5M-737682.htm

Ok, as long as you're using DVI Dual Link connectors I can't think of any other recommendations to give you.

Single link DVI cables are limited to 3.96Gbit/s

Dual link DVI cables are only limited by the hardware they are connected to

For Surround monitors it is highly recommended that you use Dual link DVI cables, and in fact nVidia says that it won't work otherwise.

Both of those are dual link dvi

The first is dvi-d being the 24 digital pins

The second is dvi-i and the additional pins are for analogue source and thus it is backwards compatible to VGA.

Single link dvi is a cable missing some of the middle pins in the array of 24 6 missing actually.

Here I found a pic that describes it all.

http://www.mp3car.com/attachments/hardware-development/21593d1131560910-schematics-pin-outs-diagrams-displayconnectors.jpg